2000 Trek 6000

v12jat

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
here is my trek 6000 i have had since new!

I know it was never the best bike about, but its been steadily upgraded since i got it, replaced the "in sync" forks that came as standard a long time ago!!! I received a giant atx hardtail for xmas a couple of years after and it went in storage for 5 years when i moved. I finally got round to rescuing it from my dads old lock up a few years back.

I'll get a full spec on when i get chance, but aside from an m750 front mech im almost there with it!!

Attachments

• iphone 072.JPG
    iphone 072.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 2,838
  • iphone 073.JPG
    iphone 073.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 2,838
  • iphone 074.JPG
    iphone 074.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 2,838
  • iphone 075.JPG
    iphone 075.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 2,838

some more pics

Attachments

• iphone 076.JPG
    iphone 076.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 2,832
  • iphone 077.JPG
    iphone 077.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 2,832
  • iphone 078.JPG
    iphone 078.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 2,832
I've just bought a similar vintage 4900 as a project/1st full size bike for my daughter. Its pretty rough, paintwork and decals are poor and the driveline is very worn. I've been buying LX stuff from folk on here to replace the clapped out bits and plan to do a full rebuild, overhauling the forks and wheels as well. It will be her 1st mechanical project and should give her a cracking wee bike at the end of it. She got a wee lift from seeing your bike on here and can't wait to get started!

Time for an update as its been ages!

As my first post states, i have had this bike from new. i know that treks dont get much love on this site but i enjoy riding this alot and probably use it the most out of my collection!

The main changes are:

Wheels: I have had to temporarily retire the Dolomites as the freehub is goosed completely. I have however got the part number from trek themselves and will be ordering one in the near future. they will be needing new bearings and re trueing too. when cashflow permits i will sort these out!

I have replaced them with some M750/D521 Wheels, these arent really for XC bikes i know, but they look good, work well and feel very solid compared to the lightweight Rolfs.

Saddle/Seatpost: A pal of mine at work had a Use Sumo on his GT Avalanche but he wasnt getting on with it cos it kept slipping! a crisp twenty note was offered, he accepted, and it was mine. I wet and dried it down as it was scratched badly but it looks alot better with an original USE decal (supplied by gil) of course I decided to pair it up with a flite to lower the weight and make it comfier!!!

Bar Ends/Stem: A shorter stem has been added with some Woodman carbon bar ends. Much better!
7d7b19d4.jpg

e785de1a.jpg

Back