Sunns up north; bikes, parts & projects :]

biocandy

Senior Retro Guru
not exactly a retrobike, but not modern either i think.. guessing v-brakes = non retro, cantis = retro..??

either way is this a nice ride, almost complete.. wiiiii :D some green bolts missing and others needs to be cut, green cassett lock ring and bar end cups *sigh*.. the mattre cash green x0 rear mech or woody.. a short cage x0'a makes it more quiet and since the bike isn't retro anyhow, maybe i'll shift.. hmm, green seatpost??

5237786634_209b18af19_b.jpg

5237785896_fa69e74566_b.jpg

frame - sunn exact ti flex 98, (morati made 98 ), size L (c-t 50cm)
fork - (sunn) obsys carbon with nice 32mm travel ;)
cranks - race face turbine lp's with ta specialites rings 29-40t
wheels - (sunn) brubz 2 hub front, (heavy) shimano lx silent clutch rear, ceramic rims, competition spokes and green + light green alu nipples.. hutchinson pythons tires of course!
brakes - are proshifts and levers pauls
there's a tune headset, syncros post and stem, titec ti bars, charge ti spoon saddle, xtr front mech and woody rear... yupp ;)

a full suspension rig for them old aching backs :LOL:

thanks.. it's a childdream come true :) i adore it every day.. hihi.. guite rare in this condition and size most of all too.. will do some better pics once totaly complete (if a bike ever gets that)

Very nice :D Original stickers too :cool: Interested to hear how it rides.

That seat post is pretty high - how tall are you?

renaldo":d34lpov8 said:
That seat post is pretty high - how tall are you?

it's a great ride.. stiff race geometry with just the little flex you need to smooth over roots and smaller stones.. i have another sunn flex but that one has columbus tubing.. never ridden that one though.. and when spring comes yet another sunn flex, but with fuji steel.. will be interesting to test them side by side ;) same size, fork and in flex, but different material

i'm 187 and got mooselong legs.. hehe

Drop the remaining Shi*mano tat, and you've nailed it!!

al. :cool:

lovely bike.......a ti flex

Bugger I never knew sunn made a ti flex...I would have got one of those instead of my steel 998 flex x2 :( & then my 000 exact ti HT..... :D
enjoy...but drop the syncros post & stem for morati......if you can find some....

my 998 flex was a g8 ride with just enough sting taken out of the hits.......but mine cracked in the chain stay/bb joint, so did the warranty replacement..so hence the 000 ti HT.....

cheers
Conrad

mine too.....

well a perfect match for my morati enhanced 000 exact ti HT........& in my size......if you ever want to sell it......yes please...... ;)

Enjoy the ride....

Back