1998 CAAD2

MikeC

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I searched for a while for a Cannondale frame reasonably enough priced and 100% dent free for a project that I have wanted to do since being inspired by a mates SuperSix. As usual, this site came up trumps.

I bought the frame & forks from GT_Steve, who bought it from Saltyman, who bought it from Sithlord. So it's been around the block a few times but that doesn't bother me - she's still tidy and a perfect base for some new clothes and a bit of make up.

The thing is, I don't want to call it a Cannondale because it's days of being a Cannondale are numbered....so let's just stick to CAAD2 for now....

A quick pic at Sithlord's palace: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ➡️ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . and then safe and warm at my place with new wheels and a Pace bar:

P1030343.jpg
IMG_4143.jpg

The make over has begun, I wasn't sure about the tyres but I plumped for a NOS set and I think they work really well. I was always sure about the chainset:

DSCF2321.jpg
DSCF2324.jpg

Personally, I think when she's done she's going to be a peach :)

Love to hear your comments chaps

Looks nice and clean in White. I've been getting Cannondale urges recently. Looking forward to see how the biek turns out in the end :)

Oh that looks ace already!

As Earlofbarnet says it looks really clean keeping it black and white but liking the Wildgrippers to add a bit of contrasting colour... Works really well in my eyes :cool:

I'm very biased, but I think it looks fantastic. :cool: Below is a pic of my single speed M600 before I sold it. (Seeing yours makes me wish I never sold mine :cry: )

Attachments

• SS Dale.jpg
    SS Dale.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 4,289
Finished for the time being, and ready for the Anglian regional ride tomorrow :D

Test rides pre regional meet = zero :?

DSCF2473.jpg

DSCF2474.jpg

Latest posts

Back