Cannondale Raven 2 - Finished page 2!

Alex Creasey

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all,

Well managed to pick this up a few months ago. The idea being it will go out to Spain to my parents place so I don't have to keep taking bikes on the plane and make a nice winter ride before I next go out there myself. A few small changes were already planned to minimise maintanence but when the bike got here it was more used than had been described, so decided to rebuild with mainly modern parts rather than keep the bike as it was.

The day I picked it up... (excuse the b/ends)

IMG_0259.jpg

Brakes were the wrong way round for me and the rear shock spring was for a far heavier rider than myself so I knew they'd be changed but then managed to get hold of a Lefty (new) for reasonable money so sadly mean't the Spinergy Disc wheels are now in the loft for the time being.... Anyway, mainly stripped down with Lefty and new wheels:

DSC05894.jpg

A selection of parts to go on (sorry, not much retro excitement here):

parts.jpg

And as it stands as of today:

DSC05903.jpg

Should be built in a week or so once I've finished repainting the Topline cranks (black) and got cables sorted. Will post spec once finished also.

Thanks for looking.
Alex.

What an improvement.... especially the wheels... :cool: :cool:

I'm a big fan of black/yellow so this definitely gets my vote.. :cool: :cool: and the tyres really set it off..

Looking good, Alex, but why oh why aren't you keeping the b-ends from the first pic... :shock: :LOL:

GT-Steve":3jxikyx0 said:
What an improvement.... especially the wheels... :cool: :cool:

I'm a big fan of black/yellow so this definitely gets my vote.. :cool: :cool: and the tyres really set it off..

Looking good, Alex, but why oh why aren't you keeping the b-ends from the first pic... :shock: :LOL:

Cheers Steve :cool:

Black & yellow in the main but a few little bits of purple thrown in as well for good measure :twisted:

DSC05899.jpg

sam_white":fk67mmv3 said:
Liking it. Where did you get the Flite from, I'm on the lookout for one in that colour scheme.

Thanks Sam, nice of you to say :cool:.

Theres a couple of those Flites on Ebay at the moment... Not particularly cheap but new (nos). If you can't find them let me know as I think I have them watched. I do have a few to choose from the collection that will work tho..... :shock: :twisted:

DSC05905.jpg

Cheers.

Raven

Hi bud, I love your raven! I've been thinking of getting one for ages but haven't seen one as nice as yours! Are any of those flites going spare?
Is the swing arm yellow or orange? You should get some coloured cables would set the black off like the tyres!!!!!!

Re: Raven

chuck85":2qh3ppo4 said:
Hi bud, I love your raven! I've been thinking of getting one for ages but haven't seen one as nice as yours! Are any of those flites going spare?
Is the swing arm yellow or orange? You should get some coloured cables would set the black off like the tyres!!!!!!

Thanks Chuck :cool:

A couple of the Flites I picked up from the US so I'll pm you the guy's details as he had a couple of yellow ones still available.

The swing arm is yellow... I've been very tempted to go down the yellow cable road but as the cables route all the way down the frame thought it might be overkill so black was the choice....... (until I found some carbon weave cables in the week ;)).

thats one of the best looking black and yellow bikes ive seen for a while!
get a yellow flite on there!
could you do a spec sheet? especially rotors! :LOL:

not sure on the purple though

edit: maybe you should buy chucks purple hopes?!! :cool:

cyfa2809":3ik2ruyn said:
thats one of the best looking black and yellow bikes ive seen for a while!
get a yellow flite on there!
could you do a spec sheet? especially rotors! :LOL:

not sure on the purple though

edit: maybe you should buy chucks purple hopes?!! :cool:

Cheers fella. Here's hoping it will end up looking good! :cool:

Yellow Flite will be on this week. I think it's just gonna be the cranks thats going to hold up finishing it this week. Purple won't extand past a few finishing bolts and the rear skewer. If it looks pap I've got gold equivilents to keep the yellow theme.

Will get a spec sheet up but the rotors are Superstar... Think they were only £20.00 for the pair :)

Cheers :).

i like the purple just wasnt sure on it as it hrd to get a balance between to much and too litlle, i actually think its too little :LOL:

looks ace already, no worrying about when its finished! lets just hope you go to your parents often!

i like the lesser known/less established brands as you get great items (sometimes better than the well known brands) for a fraction of the price!

Back