2001 Klein Attitude in 'Big Sky Blue' ? - New Photos!

RooDBwoY

Devout Dirtbag
Afternoon guys and gals,

Bought the frame and forks from 'Marin Man' on the forum as I've always wanted a Klein. Originally wanted an early 90's one but quite fancied the ability to use normal headsets and potentially move to disc brakes at some point so went for a more modern one, and this one just looked stunning so couldn't pass it up!

Spec list as follows:

2001 Klein Attitude frame in Linear Blue Fade paintwork
2000/1 Manitou Mars Carbon CL forks (colour-matched by Marin Man previously)
Chris King nothreadset
Ritchey WCS Carbon bars
Ritchey PRO Carbon seatpost
Ritchey WCS Alloy stem
Hope seat collar
San Marco Titanium Union Jack saddle
Magura Evo II hydraulic rim brakes
SRAM 8sp Gripshift Attack shifters
Shimano 8sp cassette
Shimano M970 XTR Front Mech
Shimano M970 XTR RapidRise Rear Mech
Shimano M970 XTR Chainset
Clarks blue gear cables
Hope Titanium/Glide hubs built with DT Competition black spokes on Mavic X517 Ceramic rims
Tioga TerraFirma tyres (crap, I know)

It's performing really well but when I've recovered from this initial outlay bill I'll likely buy the following:

Shimano M970 XTR shifters
Shimano M970 XTR Ti cassette
Shimano XTR gear cabling

This bike is seriously quick at climbing and combined with my lightweight you can really chuck it around and change direction quickly. It's so stiff! The forks are lovely and plush too.

flagship.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

Cheers for looking,

James.[/img]

The fact that this Klein doesn't fit into the 'purist' era doesn't matter to me, this is one stunning bike/build. But please tidy up the cable on the rear mech, you're letting the bike down! ;)

Cheers, I like it. Can't beat the look of a Klein, young or old! And they ride pretty nice too.

Oh, you mean the end cap? Literally rode to the bike shop after taking the photos and finished both cables off :)

You'll have to forgive the pedals too. mate gave me them just so I could actually ride it. Thinking about XTR SPDs....

I swear it's more expensive than owning the hot hatch! :(

Latest posts

Back