Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:33 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:31 pm 
Devout Dirtbag
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:15 pm
Posts: 130
Location: Grimsby. England
Cheers ruttegercarruthers, bought the cables of a shop on ebay, they've got a few colour combo's available and the ferrules on there own.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Custom-MTB-Bike-Parts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:57 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:32 pm
Posts: 424
Location: Aberdeen
g_baz wrote:
Cheers ruttegercarruthers, bought the cables of a shop on ebay, they've got a few colour combo's available and the ferrules on there own.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Custom-MTB-Bike-Parts


Awesome, ta!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:12 pm 
Devout Dirtbag
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:15 pm
Posts: 130
Location: Grimsby. England
no probs :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:30 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 pm
Posts: 7306
Location: Hove
What's it like to ride, compared to your other bikes? And did you weigh the frame?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:16 pm 
Devout Dirtbag
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:15 pm
Posts: 130
Location: Grimsby. England
Didn't weigh the frame to be honest, was lighter than I expected though when I initially bought it. I’ve only managed to get out on it twice since I built it up with one thing or another. It did feel nice and responsive when I did manage to get out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:43 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:31 pm
Posts: 3949
Location: a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam
suburbanreuben wrote:
Nice. I saw one of these yellow Kilaueas abandoned and stripped nekkid in Godalming High St yesterday. It's ripe for liberation, but is secured with a mutha of a lock.


Is it still there?!! I love this colour...any idea what size it is?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:55 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 7:11 pm
Posts: 8479
Location: Fircombe.
KeepItSteel wrote:
suburbanreuben wrote:
Nice. I saw one of these yellow Kilaueas abandoned and stripped nekkid in Godalming High St yesterday. It's ripe for liberation, but is secured with a mutha of a lock.


Is it still there?!! I love this colour...any idea what size it is?

Yup, it's still there, just frame and wheels, about 19" I would say, but outside a very busy pub with big windows. :?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:26 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:31 pm
Posts: 3949
Location: a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam
suburbanreuben wrote:
KeepItSteel wrote:
suburbanreuben wrote:
Nice. I saw one of these yellow Kilaueas abandoned and stripped nekkid in Godalming High St yesterday. It's ripe for liberation, but is secured with a mutha of a lock.


Is it still there?!! I love this colour...any idea what size it is?

Yup, it's still there, just frame and wheels, about 19" I would say, but outside a very busy pub with big windows. :?


Fair game though surely? It would only be cut off and scrapped.
19" will do me fine! Im on the search for bolt cutters now... Can I ask if the next time you see it, if you can check for dents? If all clear I may give it a go! maybe will contact the council first.
(if you are willing to PM me the location) :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:56 pm 
Devout Dirtbag
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:15 pm
Posts: 130
Location: Grimsby. England
Go rescue mission! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:46 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:37 am
Posts: 3146
Location: Whiskey bent & hellbound!
What a beautiful build :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TFIG and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group