2002 Specialized Enduro Expert FSR

EarlofBarnet

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've been toying with the idea of getting another full suspension bike for a while. An evening test riding some of the latest full suss offerings with a local bike shop sealed the deal for me...but what to get?! I couldn't afford something new, as the prices are daft! Plus, having a decent spec on my Mantra meant buying a used frame and swopping the parts across was a more viable option.

So, after lots of forum searching and too much time on eBay, I've bought a 2002 Specialized Enduro Expert FSR frame :cool:

eBay pics:

eBaypic5.jpg

eBaypic4.jpg

The frame has adjustable travel via a Float RL shock with on-the-fly travel adjustment from 4" to 5.2". In 5.2" setting it should go nicely with my 140mm Marzocchi XC600 forks.

Frame should hopefully land on Friday, which means I can spend the weekend transferring all parts from my Mantra to the Enduro. Exciting :)

02102010383.jpg

Longer term plans will just be to get the shock serviced and maybe add some Red anodised goodies. Watch this space!

They are brilliant frames, would get another if they didnt still hold there money so much

DSC_0388.jpg

Looks cracking that. For they money I've paid for it, it's nothing compared with how much similar (more modern) frame's go for. Will keep me occupied for a bit :)

A really nice frame, I am wondering if you'll need a rear shock with more travel mate?

Just tried calling you BTW, stick your phone somewhere with reception there's a good chap. ;)

Edit: And now it has reception, answer the damned thing...sigh. ;)

The 'itch switch' on the shocks means it's adjustable from 4" to 5.something". 5" odd should be perfect to go with my 140mm forks. You can flip the linkage to adjust the bottom bracket height and head tube angle. Posh!

Bonus - The guy has just been in touch and he's mis-placed his headset removed. So I get a Raceface headset included for free. Job on!

Brilliant frames... I loved mine, although it cracked around the front of the top seattube weld. Apparantley that's quite common so just keep an eye on it!

Thanks for the 'heads up' Kev. I've read that some of the early ones used to go around the shock mount on the frame, and others around the seat-stays. So we'll see what happens, haha. Can't see me doing anything too silly on it, so it should be right.

Parcel Force tried to deliver frame on Friday, but no-one was home. Wife arranged re-delivery for today...but it didn't land. So I've re-arranged again for Tuesday when I'm at home. Gutted, as I could have been riding this tomorrow :cry:

I know that feeling, my disc brakes turned up at work this morning...when nobody was in, will be Monday before I can pick them up. Then I just need something to put them on! :cool:

Back