Retro chunky?

• No just Pig Ugly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yea

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Throttleton

Dirt Disciple
I have moved this post since being told a year, so please delete the original in General Chat:)

DSCN0864.jpg

DSCN0867.jpg

Got it as a frame and forks a few years ago. I managed to get all the sealed bearings for the risse racing rear end from a local engineering firm.
To fettle The MX-6 forks I managed to get through to Stratos and got uprated main seals, new 20mm thru axle + fork bottoms and disk mount plus steerer tube. Even Manual and stickers lol.
I changed the rear shock from the stratos (still have it) to a Manitou swinger.

All the settings were changeable so set it up for 24" wheels for the hell of it.

If anybody knows anything about these bike please let me know as i cant find out too much info.

Its my spare DH bike I lend out to friends so i can Ride DH flat out but not alone.

(just crashed this week and broke my collar bone and the loaned bike friend drove me home from scotland to Newcastle General A&E lol )

I know I had a poster of someone racing on one from MBUK in 1999ish - I'm sure the team was called Sports Devision. They had blue and yellow kit. It had blue Rock Shox DHOs on it and Hope discs. Beefy machines. I liked the XTort hardtail they did, with the same monocoque front end.

I love these late 90s early 00s downhill monsters, but then I would do as I am building up an Orange Mr O at the moment.

This looks great fun and a cracking build, how does it compare to your other DH bike given its age?

It goes great,

I am having a bit of bother getting used to my new one to be honest
and the weight difference I was expecting is not much at all.
New bike is a Scott Gambler with Fox 40's and it feels like I am on an American chopper lol

I said it on another post, but maybe the older bikes angles are closer to BMX which is what i used to ride??

who knows.

but I love my old bike :)

Sorry to bump an old thread but I saw one of these at the doctors surgery the other day and, in the flesh, they are impressive!!..

Any more gen on them??

Doesn't seem to be many about

what info you looking for?

now yes, they are damn ugly i think, but i love them
always wanted one
love the team saracen stuff :cool:
dont think the stratos' go with it though :?

cyfa2809":39aif2uy said:
what info you looking for?

Quantities built (only roughly. . . loads or not many would suffice ;) ), availability now, guide price.. who else has one.. general stuff :cool:

Back