cotic soul 75.5mm

kanerdog1x1

Senior Retro Guru
hey, thought i might share with you guys the build i am doing over the next week or so. i currently have a charge duster, and though there is nothing wrong with it i have fallen across a cotic soul frame on the cheap.

this is what i have been riding all year....

charge1010.jpg

and this is what i have aquired....

COTICSOUL001.jpg

so the mods start. i have always wanted to run a bike with a 75.5mm bottom bracket. this means you dont have any nylon spacers between the frame and the bb shell, and if its faced well the bottom bracket should last for ages. also makes the frame look more integrated. made up some rings on the lathe, i always liked the look of ring reinforced bbs, ever since i had one on my gt pro series bmx....

755005.jpg

the non drive ring is flush with the bb shell, but the drive side ring is stepped so that it sits 2.5mm wider.

755009.jpg

so you can see here that the cups just fit straight onto the frame, no spacers.

755010.jpg

i also started making an oldschool anti chainsuck plate. gotta hate chainsuck. titanium. needs more filing. need better files...

755015.jpg

i emailed cotic this afternoon to get a set of decals, no reply as yet.
more as it happens

The first couple of pics , I thought "what a Palaver", a lot of faffing around for nowt, but the finished article does look good! :cool:

cheers guys. bb90 is a good idea in principle, but mainly for manufacturers. i have access to most tools, helps having access to the lbs workshop and being a fabricator/welder during the day. but this was a relatively quick fix, and was possible due to the tools i have access to, and the hope bb and raceface cranks i already have. and i quite like the way the bb threads in. i always wanted to try a x-type bb as a head-set and as a pivot point(a-la gt) in a dh bike......

:D Superb, are there more developments to come?

thats all the mods for the frame. i have already gone from 9 to 8 speed, with 9 speed parts, and need to alter the travel on the forks. and colour the frame up. booked the frame in with the chemical stripper for thursday, so should get it back on friday after it has been 'tickled' with the sandblaster.

exciting.

Good work :D

My RM Blizzard doesn't require any cups either and it does look tidy.

What colour is it going to be?

Why don't they make frames like this in the first place...
Chain-suck really 'sucks' but with this mod it's a thing of the past.
Really well done mate.
Cant wait to see progress of paint job, build etc..
Cheers,
Chaser.

Back