Would love to find out more about this bike- looks Retro:)

sorry about the wrong place and repeat (newbie) please move

DSCN0864.jpg

DSCN0867.jpg

Got it as a frame and forks a few years ago. I managed to get all the sealed bearings for the risse racing rear end from a local engineering firm.
To fettle The MX-6 forks I managed to get through to Stratos and got uprated main seals, new 20mm thru axle + fork bottoms and disk mount plus steerer tube. Even Manual and stickers lol.
I changed the rear shock from the stratos (still have it) to a Manitou swinger.

All the settings were changeable so set it up for 24" wheels for the hell of it.

If anybody knows anything about these bike please let me know as i cant find out too much info.

Its my spare DH bike I lend out to friends so i can Ride DH flat out but not alone.

(just crashed this week and broke my collar bone and the loaned bike friend drove me home from scotland to Newcastle General A&E lol )

cheers all:)

cheers mike :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

strangely enough i don't know much about the rush :shock: it'll be a 1999 or 2000 though and thats about all i can tell you :LOL:

it looks in good nick , how does it ride ?

Rides great:) and its in good condition.

I used it all the time on the DH trails but thought because of its age it would be classed as a heavy old dog.

I Just Upgraded to a Scott Gambler with Fox 40's etc and am finding it hard going. (and its just about as heavy!!!)

I was a lot more confidant on the Saracen and prefer its angles coming from BMX.

i know exactly where your coming from , i feel more confident on older dh bikes :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

my mate had a frenzy new back in the day and i was never off it :oops: :LOL: fantastic looking bikes , i just missed a frame on ebay a month or so ago :( i forgot all about it .

i'm lucky to own a mc san andreas tho , it's some peice of kit . i totaly love it , it turns heads everywhere i go :LOL:

i'll see what info i can find in my old mags and scan it for you if i find anything ;)

This is from about 1999 and was around £1700. There was a lighter XC version that was more expensive in a purple colour.

Heck it might have been £2600 as I was offered one when my mate worked at Halfords.

cheers guys:)
I was sure i saw one in a Halfords in Scotland years ago , new, for sale etc and thinking holy F@cking S!%te its amazing!!!!

since then i convinced myself that in halfords??? naa no way.

But you just changed my mind lol :)

But the mountain cycles san andreas was and still is a true "w@nk worthy" machine!!! they are lush!!

was there a model with beefed up seat post subframe???

MINT!!!!

loving all the bikes with pace forks and stuff I lusted after for years, still in use and being loved!!!

They were very high spec bikes and were the last gasp of Saracen before it all went silly (again).

The 'Addiction' was £3000 and this used the same frame.

Frame only option was supposedly around £600

3094.jpg

Back