Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:02 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:13 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:37 am
Posts: 3146
Location: Whiskey bent & hellbound!
Ridden my mates Yeti ASR with the carbon rear end and it's very nice....this should be equally as quick :D

You putting discs on there at all?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:05 pm 
BoTY Winner
BoTY Winner
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:36 am
Posts: 6351
Location: West Berkshire
Neil G wrote:
Ridden my mates Yeti ASR with the carbon rear end and it's very nice....this should be equally as quick :D

You putting discs on there at all?


No, not putting discs on, just removed them :wink: I don't need them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:14 pm 
Devout Dirtbag
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:42 pm
Posts: 114
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
I have one of these and it rips!! mine is 24lb. Best full suss I have owned!! Enjoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:21 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:36 pm
Posts: 1586
Location: West Sussex.
Nice. One of the very few modern Full Sussers that I actually wouldn't mind owning. Great build. Get it properly weighed and take a pic for us ;)

Maybe dial in a bit more sag on the rear end to balance out the angles with the 80mm fork.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:59 pm 
BoTY Winner
BoTY Winner
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:36 am
Posts: 6351
Location: West Berkshire
mikesnowdon wrote:
Nice. One of the very few modern Full Sussers that I actually wouldn't mind owning. Great build. Get it properly weighed and take a pic for us ;)

Maybe dial in a bit more sag on the rear end to balance out the angles with the 80mm fork.


The weight should be accurate as I weighed each individual component before assembly :lol: Comes to 9467g (20.87lb) if you want the exact figure ;)

Played a bit with the pressures today and set a bit more sag. I'll have to see how it goes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:25 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:37 am
Posts: 3146
Location: Whiskey bent & hellbound!
wadsy wrote:
Neil G wrote:
Ridden my mates Yeti ASR with the carbon rear end and it's very nice....this should be equally as quick :D

You putting discs on there at all?


No, not putting discs on, just removed them :wink: I don't need them.


:shock:

Surprises me that....I think full sussers need good stoppers from all the extra speed you carry, still, be an interesting ride with Vs!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:25 am 
Old School Grand Master

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:18 am
Posts: 15808
Location: near cwmcarn
wadsy wrote:
Played a bit with the pressures today and set a bit more sag. I'll have to see how it goes.


sell the rear shock. they're far from reliable & more modern shocks like the fox rp23 are worlds better.
I had that era ASR. the back end is slightly flexy in the rough & in fast corners, aside from that its a nice frame.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:44 am 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:45 pm
Posts: 10946
Location: kent
Very nice frame , i was looking for one not long ago but could not find any in my price range .

if you sell bits from the first build , could be interested in the wheels depending on the specs .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:16 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:02 pm
Posts: 395
Location: Stirling
Lovely bike, good work with the weight as well. I guess you must of saved a bunch with the V brakes. What are the weight of those wheels?

Mine frame is the same, I love it. Do you reckon the carbon rear end would fit?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:36 pm 
BoTY Winner
BoTY Winner
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:36 am
Posts: 6351
Location: West Berkshire
Neil G wrote:
wadsy wrote:
Neil G wrote:
Ridden my mates Yeti ASR with the carbon rear end and it's very nice....this should be equally as quick :D
You putting discs on there at all?


No, not putting discs on, just removed them :wink: I don't need them.


:shock:
Surprises me that....I think full sussers need good stoppers from all the extra speed you carry, still, be an interesting ride with Vs!


I don't go that quick ;) :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group