05/06 Orange Patriot.....

*AJ*

Retro Guru
Bought this as a frame only, its apparently a ltd edition in this colour and from 2005/2006.

Been fine tuning a few things and its now 99% perfect, just got a nasty, nasty top-out on the fork that needs sorting, which hasnt been solved by replacing the oil with 10W in the right leg.

Rides lovely though.... and really really chuffed with it. Heres the Spec and pics:

Frame: 16" Orange Patriot 150mm travel
Shock: Fox Vanilla with uprated spring (650 x2.39)
Fork: Marzocchi Z1 Drop off 150mm travel
Headset: FSA Pig Pro 1-1/8" threadless, cartridge ball bearings
Handlebar: Azonic WorldForce 710mm wide
Stem: Azonic Shorty 75mm
Speed: 9
Rear Mech: Shimano XTR, 9sp, medium cage
Shifter: Shimano, 9sp rapid fire trigger
Chainset: Shimano FC-M540, Octalink spline 40T Goldtec chain ring with MRP System 2 Chainguide
Bottom Bracket: Shimano BB-ES25, Octalink spline, cartridge bearing, 73mm x 126mm
Pedals: orange DMR V8
Cassette: Shimano HG50, 9-speed, 11-34t
Chain: Shimano HG50, 9-speed, Sram powerlink
Front Brake: Shimano deore hydraulic disc brake, dual piston, 203mm superstar rotor
Rear Brake: Shimano deore hydraulic disc brake, dual piston, 180mm superstar rotor
Rims: Mavic D321, Grey 32h
Front Hub: Hope bulb, QR, 32h
Rear Hub: Hobe bulb, QR, 32h
Tyres: Maxxis Wet Scream 26 x 2.2 with orange pin strip
Seatpost: Alloy, micro adjust, 27.2mm
Saddle: SDG Bel Air
Grips: orange Superstar lock-ons

Iphone4083.jpg

Iphone4085.jpg

Iphone4086.jpg

Iphone4089.jpg

Iphone4092.jpg

Love it, excellent bikes. Great fun :)

I toyed with the idea of getting another after selling my last one years ago, but the smaller sized frames don't seem to come up that often.

Looks superb :cool: , the Monster stickers suit it well :)

I remember i had a top out noise problem on a set of Manitou X-Verts BITD, sold them on before i found out what was causing it, it is very annoying though.

Yeah it is annoying, I've tried changing the oil in the forks from a 7.5W to a 10w but it's not really had an affect. I've just ordered the rebound adjuster tool to reach inside the leg, so hopefully that'll sort it. I know the fork is capable because I have one on my 4x hardtail and it feels superb.

Back