Giant XTC Team NRS 2000.

Spugnut

Retro Newbie
My pride and joy. A Giant XTC Team NRS 2000.

P1000294.jpg

Bought the frame new and have gradually upgraded bits and bobs over the years. It's still running SRAM ESP 9.0 8 speed rear mech and gripshifts. The original SID shock was recently changed for a Fox RP23. Chainset is a 180mm XT external BB with 26/36/48 rings. The pedals are Welgo B-54s and the grippiest flatties I've ever used. The four link rear end works like a charm. Seatpost is a Raceface Xc with a Charge Spoon for resting my ample buttocks upon.

P1000295.jpg

Chris King headset (old as the frame and still going strong), Ritchey carbon stem and bars. Brakes are Hope Mono Mini 2 pots 185/165. Ergon grips are a revelation for my knackered old wrists. Forks are Marzocchi XC Airs.

P1000296.jpg

I'm often tempted by some shiny new steed I spot online or in one of my local shops but I think this ones a keeper now. :D

Fun looking ride.

Grips and bar ends arent to my personal taste, but otherwise looks perfectly capable of most things.

would you possibly sell you stanchion top caps? i have black ones to trade aswell so you dont have any?

nice bike got one too unfortunately mines 18.5 and too small for me but they ride great and look great in team colours

i have been looking at pics of your bike and comparing them to mine.on my bike the pivot link where the shock fits on to has two positions for the shock to be fixed to but on your bike there is only one position, ? strange.
maybe i have a mongerel ?

s9aln":64m4z8ne said:
i have been looking at pics of your bike and comparing them to mine.on my bike the pivot link where the shock fits on to has two positions for the shock to be fixed to but on your bike there is only one position, ? strange.
maybe i have a mongerel ?
No, you have an NRS.

I don't know what NRS stands for, but the two positions for the shock give you an option between either 3" or 3.75" of travel with corresponding geometry changes, and that's what NRS is all about.

nrs = no resonance system , developed by renault sport for giant, thats what the frame states.

must just be the same model then with a different spec.

Back