New Member With a 99 Aniversary Orange ClOckwork

clockwork orange

Retro Newbie
Hi all. I just found this forum, and it is just the most amazing resource for anything Orange. I bought my Clockwork from E-bay last summer for £130 and just love the fit ride and feel, I also can't believe how light it is. Looking back in the catalogues, it appears to be a 98/99 10th anniversary edition. Which although in the eyes of many is not a real clockwork, I hope it still qualifies. It's generally sound apart from a few chips and dings on the seat stays and top yube. I've got some luminous orange Humbrol to rectify this, as i'm not looking for a showroom piece and the match isn't too bad. Just need some new decals for the top tube as these have worn away. It has the STX RC groupset, and RST forks. Are these original. I've enclosed a few pics for you to get a better idea. Keep up the good work Guys and Gals. Greg

Attachments

• DSC01210.JPG
    DSC01210.JPG
    229.2 KB · Views: 771
How can it be anything other then a proper Clockwork when it's painted orange/white? :D

Fancy one of these myself. Don't supose you know what travel the forks are do you?

Welcome to the site and hope you post some more pictures up. :cool:

Thanks for the nice comments. The forks are rst 381's Can't find any info out about the travel. and the groupset is Shimano STX RC, Are these original? As you can see the rear seat and chainstays are quite chipped. Without a full re-spray what are my best options, bar thetin of Humbrol luminous orange i've yet to try. Thanks again. Greg

Back