2001 Tazer FS resurrection - all done now - love it to bits

mamadirt

Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I reckon this poor little thing deserves a second chance. It certainly looks like it's been to hell and back and by rights with welded repairs to both seat stays and several small cracks it should be destined for the scrap heap but I can't let that happen.

13ez5c.jpg

134dxu.jpg

Since the attempted theft of my beloved Slopestyle from work a couple of months ago I've been completely paranoid - I just want to ride it everywhere but I'm terrified of losing it so I've spent £100's over the last few weeks trying to find a build that feels as nice, just to ride back and forth from work via the local woods, but nothing comes close. I'd like to think that this is gonna be 'the one' and those repairs scream 'steal me and I'll dump you on your arse :twisted: .

134dj3.jpg

Got a pair of Manitou SX LTs on the way and had new shock bushings and spring fitted today at mojo (fantastic service - cheers folks!). The original spring was a 1050lb jobbie - no wonder the poor thing looks distressed. I plan to give it a dignified(ish ;) ) retirement - taken plenty of pics of the cracks so can keep an eye on it in case things get worse but hey, I reckon it deserves to be ridden and I weigh burger all.

Loads more pics here - http://mamadirt.fotopic.net/c1553419_49.html

Watch this space . . .

I used to have one of those, same colour too, they RAIL!!

Maybe worth a chance call to Jeff at Intense to see if he still have any of the stays hanging around.

Yes, I certainly won't be giving it a hard life and I love a challenge ;) . Headtube welds look solid as ****. I'll keep an eye on the cracks - if I don't post again you'll know to fear the worst :LOL:

Maybe worth a chance call to Jeff at Intense to see if he still have any of the stays hanging around.

Yes, worth keeping an eye on ebay too I reckon. Old M1 stays should fit too.

Nice one Mama, got one of those in that colour/year as well. Pretty little things, though I like my HT better.

Yeah, wouldn't mind an Intense collection to rival yours someday :cool: . I've had a couple of Tazers previously (an orange VP then a lovely white VP FRO) - wish I could have afforded to keep them but a Slopestyle was calling ;)

Just begun to build it up and had a quick scoot around the kitchen . . . I love it!!! I may just have to scour ebay for another for off-road use as I think I'm gonna have to treat this one with a little respect.

They come up fairly often on .com always worth an ask if they will ship to the UK. I have had four frames from the US. Just factor in VAT and extra charges on top.
Trying to see if I can afford frame No10! Must finish building up the others fully first. Then will take pics of them all. Only the Prototype frame will remain unridden and as a frame.

It's gonna be a sad day when (if) those welds give out - I've ridden it almost every day since finishing the build just over a week ago - love it to bits! :p . I've marked the cracks to keep an eye on them and I'm desperately trying to treat it with respect and give it a dignified retirement, but it's not easy ;)

13m70b.jpg

13m70q.jpg

and the obligatory retrobike.co.uk sticker . . .

13m82k.jpg

Back