Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:06 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:50 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:35 pm
Posts: 8423
Location: The desolate flats of Cambridgeshire
johnnypie13 wrote:
cheers for that brings back awesome memories remember seeing that bike or possibly a different one at a bike show in London along time ago i'm sure there were two! (funny at the time i preferred a cannondale with the dodgy suspension which i broke test riding in London Olympia down a flight of stairs) to the stall owners amusement (not)

give my eye teeth to own one now


You will have a long search, I believe there was only ever one and it was never for sale. If it ever does come up for sale, I already have an ebay advert drafted for my left kidney.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:49 pm 
Old School Hero
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:27 pm
Posts: 209
Location: South Buckinghamshire
JeRkY wrote:
... or is it? :lol:

Any way, here is the very almost complete Pace RC300 which alongside my RC100, RC200 and RC500 represents the completion of my initially intended collection of Yorkshire made square tubers.

Now do I go for an RC250 for completeness sakes?

They all look great to me, a very nice collection.
Just a quick question, where were the pictures of the RC300 taken?

As for the BIG question, I don't think you'll be happy until you do get a RC250:?:

GO FOR IT :D.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:37 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:35 pm
Posts: 8423
Location: The desolate flats of Cambridgeshire
Defender wrote:
They all look great to me, a very nice collection.
Just a quick question, where were the pictures of the RC300 taken?

As for the BIG question, I don't think you'll be happy until you do get a RC250:?:

GO FOR IT :D.


The RC300 shots were taken behind Street station in London.

RC250...hmmm I am tempted...but must pay for new teeth first


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:11 pm 
Old School Hero
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:27 pm
Posts: 209
Location: South Buckinghamshire
JeRkY wrote:
The RC300 shots were taken behind Street station in London.
RC250...hmmm I am tempted...but must pay for new teeth first


Thanks, sorry which 'Street station', I'm fairly familiar with London, but not sure where you mean, my guess is Liverpool Street?, or perhaps Cannon Street or maybe Old Street, looks to be the 'City' rather than the West End, but I'm probably wrong?
Where ever it is, it's a great backdrop for photo's:idea:.
Know what you mean about paying for teeth, been to the dentist today and have got to go again in a few weeks!
Thanks again....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:26 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:35 pm
Posts: 8423
Location: The desolate flats of Cambridgeshire
Defender wrote:
JeRkY wrote:
The RC300 shots were taken behind Street station in London.
RC250...hmmm I am tempted...but must pay for new teeth first


Thanks, sorry which 'Street station', I'm fairly familiar with London, but not sure where you mean, my guess is Liverpool Street?, or perhaps Cannon Street or maybe Old Street, looks to be the 'City' rather than the West End, but I'm probably wrong?
Where ever it is, it's a great backdrop for photo's:idea:.
Know what you mean about paying for teeth, been to the dentist today and have got to go again in a few weeks!
Thanks again....


Sorry I did type Liverpool Street but some how managed to delete it before posting.
It is in the square by Broadgate tower at the rear of the station. Theres lots of fantastic architecture for back drops around these parts, but as I was passing through I thought the grey of the area suited the frame.

Yeah I am lining myself up for at least 4 crowns I think, and being a new patient to the local NHS dentist, I suspect he is going to tell me to FO and go private.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:51 pm 
Old School Hero
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:27 pm
Posts: 209
Location: South Buckinghamshire
JeRkY wrote:
Sorry I did type Liverpool Street but some how managed to delete it before posting.
It is in the square by Broadgate tower at the rear of the station. Theres lots of fantastic architecture for back drops around these parts, but as I was passing through I thought the grey of the area suited the frame.
Yeah I am lining myself up for at least 4 crowns I think, and being a new patient to the local NHS dentist, I suspect he is going to tell me to FO and go private.


Ah, right that's where Broad Street Station used to be, I've not been there since, must pay it a visit next time I'm up 'The Smoke' with some time to spare.
My Dentist is private and has been for many years, I've got to have root canal done next visit, not looking forward to that in the least!
I don't think your dentist can do that :?
If they try to, I'd contact the local NHS trust or Citizens Advice Bureau and check, got to be worth a phone call or two?
Good luck with that anyway....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:26 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:11 pm
Posts: 1181
Location: Hobbiton-on-the-Water
nhs dentist - £92 i think will be your bill. NHS dental charges come in stages one just under £20 which is for a check up, scale and polish, then one about £40 which covers filling, then the £90 band which covers root canal work, crowns etc. If he's Nhs he can't tell you to 'do one' and become private.

My fee for that info - one Pace :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:41 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:35 pm
Posts: 8423
Location: The desolate flats of Cambridgeshire
I understood the top band in which crowns etc fall into is £200, which is still way more attractive than £2000. But at that price because the chargeable cost is less than the time and materials that it takes to do the procedure, the dentist will be hesitant about seeing me since I am a new patient and am instantly going to cost him time for no finical reward. Although not able to say no, he could decline to see me on the pretence of not taking on new patients at the mo.
Also because there is no room to even cover costs on the procedure, the materials used tend to be the absolute cheapest option.
Hopefuly these fears are just that and in reality the service is top notch. Despite being a huge supporter of our nhs I suspect there will be some truth here.

Just imagine if pace goods were legal tender, I would be loaded :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:47 pm 
Mr Benn
Mr Benn
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:07 am
Posts: 7200
Location: Omnipresent
Really nice Jerky, I didn't know they made 300's in 'cool blue' - thought they were only in silver.

Looks great with the carbon seat tube in that grey/ blue.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:25 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:05 pm
Posts: 9245
JeRkY wrote:
johnnypie13 wrote:
cheers for that brings back awesome memories remember seeing that bike or possibly a different one at a bike show in London along time ago i'm sure there were two! (funny at the time i preferred a cannondale with the dodgy suspension which i broke test riding in London Olympia down a flight of stairs) to the stall owners amusement (not)

give my eye teeth to own one now


You will have a long search, I believe there was only ever one and it was never for sale. If it ever does come up for sale, I already have an ebay advert drafted for my left kidney.


Duncan's Purple Descender is currently sat in Pace's new Dalby Showroom. There were a few one offs around that time....Tim's Funky Pace is probably the coolest.

On the subject of Duncan McDonald...Gil bumped into him a few days before the Big Weekender. Word has it he's going to be popping along to this very forum sometime in the near future.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yeti7cje and 30 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group