1998 Kona Stab

Kevhl

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Went up to my Mums for a family do the other weekend and came back with a 1993 Kona Fire Mountain and this, a 1998 Stab Frame. The forks were already hung up in my shed, I'd considered selling it on but it really needs to be built up and ridden... although it's pretty small. I had one of the gold Kona Turner's bitd, although this isn't quite in the same league it's a lovely looking frame with battle scars and all!

Got some bits ready, in fact pretty much everything... will update as I go along!

stab2_141.jpg

stab1_168.jpg

Got some of the bits together this evening, It's looking as though its going to have...

black race face DH cranks (as per original spec)
Mr Dirt chain device
Xlite DH stem
black/blue club roost dude seat
Xt rear V
Hope front disk
hope on 521 rear
Not sure about the rest yet!

Pics to follow once I pull my finger out and start putting it together.

EarlofBarnet":y5zdz0z4 said:
Love it. I'd consider buying that off you ;)

Had considered selling rather than building it up but for what it seems to be worth I might as well keep it...

...unfortunatley I didn't really know what it's worth and someone else did make me an offer, think I've offended them by deciding not to accept the offer and keep it judging by the PM I received this evening!

If I do decide to sell I'll give you a shout though!

I really love this frame. Superb. Are you planning on a DH build then, imagine it would be quite heavy to haul around for much else or am I wrong (again?)

It's not light and it's too small to ride sensibly... my brother used to have it built up with Manitou Xvert Ti's and it was just lovely and flickable in the air. Going to build it close to factory spec and see how it rides. Will be a 'skids in the park' kind of bike even though I should be way past that kind of thing!

Kevhl":1kai0h7f said:
Will be a 'skids in the park' kind of bike even though I should be way past that kind of thing!

I think a hell of a lot on here including myself should be "past that kind of thing", does'nt stop us from doing it though :LOL:

Funny, i'm building up my own DH8 as a play around bike, it's a proper downhill missile but will be used to terrorise the shopping precinct in the town centre on Saturday afternoons :twisted: :LOL:

I've still got my Troy Lee and my little Chameleon even though it very rarely gets used... don't think it's right to grow up!

Very small update; found a front wheel and rear mech, but they're at my brothers. Bolted a couple of bits on for the time being though:

Attachments

• stab6.jpg
    stab6.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 5,070
Back