1999 Orange P7

devalad

Retro Newbie
Hi everybody, newbie here so please be gentle - any comments/tips gratefully accepted.

Thought I'd share my much loved 1999 P7 with you all. I've had her from new, specified the blue paintjob and rigid forks when I ordered it. I fitted the blue Maguras about 9 years ago and at sometime an XT front mech and cassette were fitted. As an avid long time reader on these forums I have never seen an Orange F7 fork with backwards-facing canti bosses like mine, has anyone got one or seen this before?

She doesn't get as much use as she should because the old fashioned riding position kills me these days! My current bike is the new R8, which in my opinion is closer to what a P7 should be than the current sliding dropout'ed machine :?

Attachments

• IMAG0025.jpg
    IMAG0025.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 1,775
thanks for clearing something up! i had a set of those forks but never seen another set thought i'd imagined them! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks fingers! I can't remember how I came to pick the colour - I think there was a different model in blue in the shop and I liked it :)

That takes me back...

I had a "stealth bomber" matt black P7 of the same vintage (1996 ish) with Syncros composite forks and lots of other funky bits (all black). Even had one of the first sets of 26" Spinergy wheels in the country (from a bike mag photo shoot).

It got stolen in Kentish Town. Wasn't insured. I loved that P7... #sniff#

Very nice :cool: , as Pickle said the colour matched stem works well, seen a few of the rear brake forks on here in the last couple of years but they certainly are'nt common.

Back