2008 Pipedream Sirius

zigzag

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Fancied trying a modern steel single-speed. Hummed, hawed and ultimately missed out on a really nice 853 purple Rock Lobster, then almost went for a pink On-one, but in the end bought this frame second hand.

Considering the parts, it's built up into a reasonably light bike - Shimano SLX, Tora (with SID stickers :oops:) forks, generic set of rims from my old Avalanche.

I really like the way it rides. Might get a spare set of wheels built up with an Alfine hub for the winter. Still not quite convinced by the Mary bars - I think they're fine on the tight twisty stuff, but if I'm honest at speed or on drops I'm just not as confident with them as I would be with flat bars... I see a pair Salsa Cro Moto's in my future.

DSC_2556.JPG
DSC_2689.JPG

DSC_2693_stitch_v2.jpg

Definitely a cool bike :cool: I reckon it would do well with the upgrades. You certainly gave it some laldy at GT :)

Oh and have a look at the surly torsion bar, could be the finish and sweep your after.

orange71":2qaqw6kt said:
was the perfect chain tension just sheer luck :shock: :D
Sheer luck! Was really rather tight to begin with, but has loosened off now.

Liking the look of the Surly torsion bar Kaiser - a fair bit of sweep mind - I can't believe I missed that when I was searching for a bar. May have to give it a go.

Oh, and I will own a pink bike one day. Oh yes.

stewlewis":27ln9esk said:
Saddle's crooked.
My right bollock hangs lower than the left.... all my saddles are offset slightly for maximum testicular comfort :D

Slightly disconnected question.

Are those Charge saddles comfy? I love the look (and price) of them and my current Selle Italia is a wee bit sair.

Back