1998 GT LTS 4000

IDB1

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Collected this morning, had to cut the bolt for the seat clamp (which is why it's not on there ;) )

Had a quick shufty through the archives and think this is a '98..

080620101101.jpg

080620101102.jpg

080620101112.jpg

080620101103.jpg

080620101104.jpg

080620101105.jpg

080620101106.jpg

080620101107.jpg

080620101113.jpg

080620101114.jpg

080620101115.jpg

And the dented top tube

080620101109.jpg

is it stock? (looks so)
oh that dent! hope it was had for a bargainous price
will clean up nice though, paints a bit tatty
looks like a great project/ride
cool :cool:

Paid £70.. the surface rust and camera flash make the dent look a bit worse than it is.. it'll be repainted if I keep it and I'll try to get the dent sorted..

Stock-ish I'd say, without knowing how they were spec'd from the factory..

Needs a new shifter, seatpost (and clamp) and seat and I'll get it out...

Going to get it to the local LBS and see what the chap there says about the dent in the frame.. if I have to scrap it I will.. pretty sure that breaking it up will cover what I paid..

That yellow is quite hideous, not sure if it was originally a mustard-yellow but it is now.. going to give a bit of it a quick rub with some AutoGlym paint renovator and see if there's custard under that mustard...

Plans are always being made, can't help it - regardless of whether they come to fruition .... was thinking, if I keep it, of having it done in white, same as the Avalanche.. but this was never made in white as far as I can find out..
Just this yellow/black and a green/purple??

Can't find any pics of the green/purple (or, rather, I haven't looked too hard since it's 3a.m.).. anyone help with a pic or 2 of that colourway ;) :LOL:

google is your friend ;)
i just googled 'gt lts' and it comes up with red,white,yellow, black,blue, gold and silver frames
there all from different years though (if you were reffering to 1998 model paint jobs)
your yellow is meant to be like a banana/custard i think

I did google but only for '98 LTS's..

Under the bike shop sticker there's a bright custard which makes the bike now look like it was stored in smoky room :LOL:

If the frames not scrap, I'll ask Gil to work on some stickers for it.. he's already working on the Avalanche ones and this is the same style..

Front mech is off now and I should hear about some brake levers and a r/h shifter today....

No luck with a 28.6 seatpost yet but I could always tax the ones from the Aggressor to get it to the LBS for the once-over ;)

Oh dear. . .

The one I took out was definitely a 28.6.. but very short (not enough left in the seat-tube for me to ride with it at the right height for me)

IDB1":e5dbbthk said:
Oh dear. . .

The one I took out was definitely a 28.6.. but very short (not enough left in the seat-tube for me to ride with it at the right height for me)

Mine was older (1995 IIRC) so could have just changed over time.

Was it difficult to get out as from the picks it looked pretty stuck!

Back