Cotic Soul

callookuk

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Hey chaps,

Seriously looking at saving my pennies for a modern, steel HT.

Quite taken by the Cotic Soul.

So, let me know your thoughts, possible alternatives, and some Cotic Soul build pics :)

I think I would end up with the small 16", am 5'8" and 28" inside leg.

I am going to keep my eyes peeled for a nice 2nd hander.

Apologies for modern content, loving browsing the retro rides, and reminiscing of days gone, but I really would like a simple modern steel HT that takes disks, isn't built like a tank and will last me a very long time!

Cheers,

Steve

just found this:

http://www.sanderson-cycles.co.uk/life.html

interesting - any experiences of this frame?

life-frames.jpg

i have tried the sanderson, good, but 'feels' heavy. and i have at the moment a cotic simple and a charge duster. the charge is bomproof, and 'is' heavy but does feel heavy when ridden, but the cotic is the better ride, although more twangy. i will hunt for fotos of both just now...

i havent got a recent piccy of the duster, just this one when it was lashed together to get me on it...

charge007.jpg

and the cotic...

Picture782.jpg

Picture820.jpg

man the Cotic is a pretty ride!

I want something light, and nimble really, am scared of these tanks, seem great value, but I love a light bike.

Going to be running 100mm Reba SLs - is that an issue?

Cheers for the replies chap!

the cotic is the lighter bike. but it rides better in the longer 2 of the 3 travel settings. i usually leave it in 120mm for the main part of the ride, then put it in 140mm for the big downhill bits, but i usually forget to put it back to 120mm as the longer travel feels so natural/normal.

on the other hand the charge is designed for 100mm but i prefer it in 110mm, having tried it in 100/110/120mm. i have got reba race forks with all travel adjustment so you can have it at 80/100/120mm, but i made a custom spacer so i could run it at 110mm.

both bikes feel too nervous in 100mm.

at the moment the charge is the bike i usually go for.

I have a Cotic Soul, very compliant and a joy to ride on the trails. The bike is light and springy and I would certainly recommend one. Run mine with Fox F120mm forks now but it was also good fum with a 100mm fork on it. I am 5'8'' also and I plumped for a medium, although the small would probably be a hoot in the short term I think a medium suits me better long term. Anyway, her's a picture of mine below.

Trevor.

Attachments

• 2010 Cotic Soul Mark 2! 001 (Small).jpg
    2010 Cotic Soul Mark 2! 001 (Small).jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 7,923
Ran a Duster for a while until I got my RM, was quite a fun bike to ride and didn't really feel twitcy with a 100mm which is what it's designed for.

cheers for this fellas, the Cotic looks awesome - I have frame envy!

I really am looking for something light and lively, I think back to my Dave Lloyd back in the day - it was awesome, I didn't appreciate the steel feel, until I got my Aluminium O when the Lloyd was stolen. Very quick acceleration and superb on climbs, but not as much fun to ride.

I am 5'8" but have stupid short legs - so stand over height is always an issue. I have a 16" Boardman Pro frame at the moment (don't laugh it was cheap!) and I find the top tub a little short, and the ride is a bit dull - good on road though for commuting.

The Sanderson looks great value, but don't like the idea of it feeling heavy to ride - but they are available for about £380 if you shop around!

Hmmm, decisions!

Back