Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:55 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:16 am 
Old School Grand Master

Going to be a nice build, parts, especially forks are spot on :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:05 am 
98+ BoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner

Cheers guys!! :D

Pleased to have got a few crucial parts sorted out, very happy with those.. but i will admit that i'm stressing over the brakes a bit. just hope it all works out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:32 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator

Tell me, is the frame heavy? Have I saw these built up kinda XC? Or burly XC at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:10 pm 
98+ BoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner

kaiser wrote:
Tell me, is the frame heavy? Have I saw these built up kinda XC? Or burly XC at least.

It certainly feels light in the hand with not a lot to it really.
Weight comes in at 2250g/4.96lb on the scales so i reckon you'd have a better idea if it's light or not for this kind of frame, i have no idea when it comes to weights :D It's T6061 aluminium... seems pretty rigid too.

Burly XC could be a good way to describe the ones i've seen too although they are touted as Slalom/DJ frames, but probably had more to do with how the were set up with different stem lengths and fork travel etc. Seen them with anything from 80-130mm up front depending how they were being used. I read somewhere on the Sinister forum FTW mentioning they were built with 100mm Marzocchi's in mind at the time which is cool ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:42 pm 
98+ BoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner

Received a few more essential items this week thanks to you guys on here :)

Now have the Azonic rims which have a cool matt brushed finish and will look great once built up against the matt black frame.

Suburbanreuben was a star coming up with the Hope C2 #1 caliper i've been searching for. After a thorough clean, polish and strip down it's come up lovely. Just need to put pistons & seals back in and get bolts to clamp it together. The other #1 half Tom supplied will come in very handy for spares as it has already! ;)

Lastly the Hope 22mm caliper adaptor which i thought i'd never find to enable the whole lot to work together. It's certainly a big weight off the shoulders having this lot in front of me.

Still having trouble with the actual Spooky frame mount though.
I've emailed Mickey again but no joy yet hearing back with anything. Have also tried two of FTW's email addresses but they just get thrown back so not sure what's what there. I did read on the Sinister forum that he still had a few mounts, although that was late last year, so hoped he might be able to help somehow.. All i need is some measurements to get one made.
I do have a plan though once i have a rear hub and 165mm rotor to mock up the mount with card or wood or something, hopefully getting it positioned right so i can use that as a template to take measurements from. It should work out fine if all else fails :) Still got a few ideas knocking about and may even be able to make it adjustable somehow for finetuning!?
Small things are there to try our patience!

Big thanks also to Steve(callookuk) for letting me know about some BRM rims he had for sale. Went and picked those up mid week and they're going to look ace on the bug one day! Already had a little go with the polishing to see how they'll come up.. sweet is the word
cheers mate ;)

Overall it's been a good week for rims and things!... She's coming together slowly.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:35 am 
Dirt Disciple

I've got a disc mount on my metalhead i can meaure if you want

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:39 am 
Dirt Disciple

was a pleasure meeting you fella, great to pass the wheels on to a good home!

Sorry had to shoot off, had a table booked for dinner, I could feel my wife's eyes burning a hole in the back of my head! LOL

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:31 pm 
98+ BoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner

squiffy wrote:
I've got a disc mount on my metalhead i can meaure if you want

That would be great help if you can do that :)

Any dimensions will give me start, especially the thickness and depth/width of the top part of the plate, the thickness of the back plate and where all the holes lie in relation to it all... if that makes sense. The more accurate the better if possible.

The material is there ready to machine so whatever you can measure will help even if it forms a basis to go from.

Thank you :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:38 pm 
98+ BoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner

callookuk wrote:
was a pleasure meeting you fella, great to pass the wheels on to a good home!

Sorry had to shoot off, had a table booked for dinner, I could feel my wife's eyes burning a hole in the back of my head! LOL

:)

Likewise Steve!, but yeah i could have stayed and chatted all day tbh, but i had a date with the M25 anyway so no worries at all there.
Seeing your bug was an inspiration in itself...it's all helped renew the passion once again.
Thanks bud 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:15 pm 
Retro Guru

Looks like it's gonna be a cracking build - look forward to seeing it finished.

Here's my old one . . .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next