My New not so retro Orange

teadrinker

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Hi all, this is my first real post, so hey.

Ok so it isn't that retro I know but I'm proud. I brought one of the Orange Clockwork Limited edition frames recently so I could re build it into something nice for when I get back in the saddle. Not bad as I got for £150, but the paint job was way to garish for me so I decided to send her back to Orange for a respray. I've just got this email from Orange and I think she looks stunning, wish it had the wishbone rear but never mind, can't have everything. I'm glad they managed to keep the limited edition sticker as well. Managed to get some Pace Forks (all be it RC39's) and a Hot Rod bar for her as well. More Pics to come as she get s built up.
orange2.jpg

You must have read my mind because I considered putting retro decals on my 2007 before I sold it. Might look out for a tatty 2007 or 2008 Prestige in the future and copy you. :cool:

Look forward to seeing this build develop.

Love the project idea. :cool: just what a pity its not got a proper wish bone rear, still lokks pretty smart though. keep us posted, selecting bits with care could nicely craft ya summat as spangly and novelty as an actual retro.

She gets sent home this friday, really excited. I've picked up some RC39's but not sure the steerer tube is long enough, will have to wait. Also managed to pick a Hot Rod bar of Orange and a new Orange stem, not an retro one but it's a new Orange and in keeping. More pics to come as she comes along.

A little gutted about the wishbone rear but on the plus side it should be a bit kinder to my rear!

Now that is one smart clockwork. :D
Dont be put off by the seat stays,i really like them :cool: .theyre very different to the mono but again very similar due to holding the nice mono shape.

Calls for a red Z2, ;) or an orange Z1

Thought I should post a few pics to show you how's she's coming along.

Funds are starting to twindle a little as I keep changing my mind and this website doesn't help, I keep buying goodies I don't need! :D

Going with XT Mechs and a Middleburn Chainset. I need to get new rings which I think will be Black inner and outer and silver middle and probably black bolts.
DSC00530.jpg

Managed to get a hot rod bar from Orange and finally found some Stubbie bar ends.
DSC00531.jpg

Flight Saddle, awaiting a USE seat post but Royal Mail have sent it back to the sender!
DSC00533-1.jpg

Hope Mono Mini, these are a bargain I think, never used from what I can tell and only cost £150. Lovely, so happy with these. :D
DSC00532.jpg

And here she is in the flesh, so far. I've got Hope wheels on DT swiss rims and hope QR's all round and of course a hope headset. Marathon SL Forks for now but still looking out for a set of Pace with a 210+ steerer tube, RC41's are what I want.
DSC00524.jpg

DSC00527.jpg

Slowly but surely she's getting there :D

Back