Kona Fire Mountain

Splatter Paint

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I set myself a maximum outlay of £255 and this is what I got! I know it looks bloody boring, but it has a FULL XT groupset, Fox Float 100 RLCs and good smattering of decent kit. It may look uninspiring, but at 25lbs, it is nice and light and it rides beautifully, very stable, yet nimble. Perhaps a prime case of over-upgrading, but hey, what the heck.

It was a family-oriented build as my wife did an excellent job of fitting and setting up the gears and my Dad put some seals in the forks (I’ve been in sling for 6 weeks). Big thanks go to them and also Chris for the wheels, Steve Kish for the frame and my mate Adam for donating the shifters.

SP

Attachments

• FM_3.JPG
    FM_3.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 2,817
  • FM_2.JPG
    FM_2.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 2,817
  • FM_1.JPG
    FM_1.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 2,817
Cheers fellas. :D

I had some of the controls, gear parts and tyres lying around, though the rest has all been new purchases.

SP

Awesome on that budget. Not tried Fox forks, they any good? I know they review well but I take that in as much good faith as a Political manifesto.

Brilliant. You can't argue at the price for £62 from eBay either. I recently picked my Dad up a set of Fox TALAS RLCs for £55 too! Both needed seal kits, but £15 and a bit of spannering later, job done. Buttery smooth....

Subtle, not boring ;)

Looks ace mate.. would be proud to sling a leg over something that nice :cool:

Just out of interest how did you come by this?

I set myself a maximum outlay of £255

Instead of a budget of £250?

I reckon you went over budget by a fiver!

Back