1" Steerer Rigid Forks - P7

Nigel-P7

Old School Hero
Hi,

I have an 98' Orange P7 that I would like to convert the front shocks back into rigid's. Now, I have a 1" headset steerer in place from the Marz.Bomber shocks and am having problems sourcing a 1" rigid steel fork. I am slowly adapting the bike to a tourer, so would have to be able to take the weight of front bags.

Any advice please.

N

The original F7 forks would be the ideal match - I think all but the earliest came with rack mounts half way up the legs?!

Most of the 1" steerer F7s will be threaded headset I suspect, so a problem if you run threadless.

Hang around here long enough, I'm sure someone will have a nice pair of 1" steerer forks.

Yep, the F7 would have been perfect but like to stick to the threadless now. I can get Carbon or Alu in 1" threadless but would not expect them to be upto the task of adding pannier bags????

N

Something might show up here or eghey, feels like it wont, but it will, especially once you fork out for some! :D You could always get a local frame builder to weld on lugs or something, orrr weld on a threadless steerer or something. I'm feeling similar stress as I've gone ahead set up and need a nice stem now! :-/

Might be worth getting some pics and documenting the build on here. :)

Can I add magura brakes to V brakes mounts?

I see Carboncycles do a 1" steerer alu fork exotic, any heads up on them please?

N

1 " Steerer

hi

Further to your post on the CC forks. I have recently bought a pair which
are good quality. But just to piggy back on our post, I have also bought a new headset that is loose in the frame. It is the correct size..

Does anyone have any tips apart from glue. As thats all I can think of ..?

My previous 1 inch headset was loose in my Vitus roadie frame. I then discovered that 1 inch JIS (japanese standard) versus euro 1 inch is different. The euro 1 inch is larger and fits fine. Of course this could all be roadie only nonsense...

Thanks for that.. The brand is M:parts. I can't find where they are based. But I guess that I could always try another brand. Thanks for the tip from the windy city .. ;)

Erbbi,

Your CC forks, they Alu or Carbon? I might look at the Alu if I can add a low rider to it? I have also found that Bikeman (US) have Kona P2 Mountain Fork, 1 Inch Steerer, a run has been produced just for the 1". Yet to decide, will wait and see if anything rocks up on here.

N

Back