Can you help me identify the year of this Specialized?

POTUK

Retro Newbie
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, i'm toying with purchasing what I believe is a Specialized Hardrock, the components look Knackered but the frame looks like it just needs some tlc and touch up paint. I want to get the right colours and all the right components for it to bring it back to glory. can anyone identify the year and model of Hardrock?

I've found a Rockhopper in the same colours, but it definately says hardrock on it.

I had to dip into this age range as i think it's more likely to be noughties than nineties. my normal rides are 1997 Ground Control A1 Aim in white and 1997 Merlin Malt1 in royal blue.

Attachments

• hardrock.jpg
    hardrock.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 3,069
someone may have put different decals on it ;)
get some pics up of your other rides :D
sorry i cant help but welcome ;)

Hardrock

From memory thats a 2002.
I will dig round in the catalogues and see what I can find.
They look like original colours and decals.
Will post with findings in the morning.
Jamie

2001 hardrock

Me again
Couldnt help myself, had to have a look before bed :LOL:
Thought it looked familiar, its a 2001 hardrock that would have come with a mix of Alivio and Acera. It came in this colour and also a black/white/red combo, which I had. I still have it but its now in service with my mother in law. (since her broom broke down) ;)

Jamie

I have one!!

Good morning!

I'm from Brazil and have one exactly like this since, as i can remember, 1997. It's a great bike but hard to find more info on internet.

This picture i took today, October 15, 2017. Love this bike!
6xWb1oN.jpg

Back