Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:07 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next

weight
Poll ended at Mon May 31, 2010 10:19 pm
under 19lbs 67%  67%  [ 16 ]
over 19lbs 33%  33%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 24
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:17 pm 
BANNED USER
BANNED USER

Yes it has been reaking havoc with my wooden leg for years :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:57 pm 
Retro Guru

You ain't trying hard enough :wink: in most of the pics a big EC70 logo is sticking out, you would save 24g's or so with this

http://www.totalcycling.com/index.php/p ... ncy&id=GBP

Thats about a kilo and a half lighter than my road bike, or 3 lbs in old money :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:34 am 
Dirt Disciple

looks sweet but..
i don`t get it - why do you take a fsa stem when a syntace is sub 100g? hndlebar and grips could save some weight too..? an for the saddle i`ve seen some blue carbon ones that are sub 110g so still some way to go BEFORE you start using ti or carbon-screws? oh i forgot the headset. but it`s bomb proof that is a true advantage.

don`t get me wrong, it is a fantastic bike - well built. but could get a bit lighter.
cheers!

malik, whos adroit has some weight problems too ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:16 pm 
BANNED USER
BANNED USER

thel33ter wrote:
You ain't trying hard enough :wink: in most of the pics a big EC70 logo is sticking out, you would save 24g's or so with this

http://www.totalcycling.com/index.php/p ... ncy&id=GBP

Thats about a kilo and a half lighter than my road bike, or 3 lbs in old money :shock:

Those bars are obscenely light but remember that I weigh.....cough :oops: 14.5stone :oops: could these bars hold up to my RACING FIGURE :?: :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:22 pm 
BANNED USER
BANNED USER

malikgermany wrote:
looks sweet but..
i don`t get it - why do you take a fsa stem when a syntace is sub 100g? hndlebar and grips could save some weight too..? an for the saddle i`ve seen some blue carbon ones that are sub 110g so still some way to go BEFORE you start using ti or carbon-screws? oh i forgot the headset. but it`s bomb proof that is a true advantage.

don`t get me wrong, it is a fantastic bike - well built. but could get a bit lighter.
cheers!

malik, whos adroit has some weight problems too ;-)

I take your points on board but I quite like the way the bike looks at the moment 8) and the weight of items can always be reduced at a later date,and carbon saddles look cool but have you ridden one :?: :?: They make you feel like you have changed sexuality,on a long distance ride :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Dont forget that I will probably be doing a ride soon of 100 miles plus so I need some comfort :D
Besides I love titanium bolts 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:45 pm 
Dirt Disciple

so if you`re a ti-lover (which is quite a good thing i think ;-) ) the bolts are a must-have.
an yes i`ve ridden carbon saddles. but also the old xo-saddles so carbon cannot shock me 8) . and i said it is a beautiful built. no question. just my two cents for making it a real weenie.. changing the cassette, chain, cranks (powerarms are so uber-bingo!!!) and pow! sub 18lbs.
by the way: mosso a company welding a lot of frames and stuff over in taiwan produce an aluminum-fork with 600g. and it looks good.

will shut up from now on :wink:
you got a great bike, no criticism here. only my say.
cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:52 pm 
BANNED USER
BANNED USER

malikgermany wrote:
so if you`re a ti-lover (which is quite a good thing i think ;-) ) the bolts are a must-have.
an yes i`ve ridden carbon saddles. but also the old xo-saddles so carbon cannot shock me 8) . and i said it is a beautiful built. no question. just my two cents for making it a real weenie.. changing the cassette, chain, cranks (powerarms are so uber-bingo!!!) and pow! sub 18lbs.
by the way: mosso a company welding a lot of frames and stuff over in taiwan produce an aluminum-fork with 600g. and it looks good.

will shut up from now on :wink:
you got a great bike, no criticism here. only my say.
cheers

No problem mate :wink: I have a dura ace titanium nine speed cassette in my office which I could fit and weighs so little it could float if not tied down :shock: :shock: but not sure if it will work with my long cage xtr rear mech :?: :?: and I know that there are lighter cranks but the fsa is so preeeeety that I had to have it and it is very light but also strong so some concessions have to be made. xo saddle = sore arse you are a brave man :o :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:03 pm 
Dirt Disciple

lol.. yes i am. and just to name the shame: here is my adroit - you see it`s a bit chubby. but the cranks are already replaced by kookas and so are the levers..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:09 pm 
BANNED USER
BANNED USER

What does yours weigh :?: It looks v.nice 8) 8) I thought about putting sus.forks on mine,I found some carbon steerer and crown sids with titanium stantions and carbon lowers that only weighed 1150 grams :shock: :shock: They looked awesome.I have not always been a weight weenie as my other build is not all that light :lol: :lol: have you seen her yet :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:16 pm 
Dirt Disciple

unfortunately not.
my big one here is about 20.5lbs now. the fork is original because you know the airhead won`t take the "normal" forks. and i wanted the frameset to stay old :wink: the fork is the carbon sx and is about 1350 g. amazing for a 11 yrs old one. will take some time till it is finished the mc2 has to arrive an get painted, lighter cassette and saddle (yes, that is the xo.. the gel insert is what would call a rock - niiiice) and the eggbeaters have to lose weight. but then there is more or less everything done exept for: ti- bolts mahahahahaha.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next