2009 Jeff Jones 3D Spaceframe Ti

saltyman

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
picked this up tonight from neil7, felt so bad as he didnt want to sell but unfortunate knee problems have dealt him a cruel blow bike riding wise.....

cracking guy who loves his bikes as much as the rest of us on here, and it was nice chatting with him today, we even went over his local fields on the bikes for a test ride.

december 2009, one of the last merlin built jones, not sure how many are in the UK, maybe another 4 or 5. think there were 75 made worldwide so not something you will see regulary.

also came with single speed cog and custom mudguards front and rear.

stopped off at evans cycles on the way home as i was desperate for a seat, was going to buy a basic charge spoon, but they had a single titanium railed one in my colour, result!

anyway heres some quick pics as i stuck the wheels on, and before i have set it up to my body.........enjoy :cool:

07052010767.jpg

07052010766.jpg

07052010768.jpg

07052010769.jpg

07052010770.jpg

07052010771.jpg

07052010772.jpg

07052010773.jpg

07052010774.jpg

07052010775.jpg

Frame: Jeff Jones 3D Spaceframe 24''

Fork: Jeff Jones truss Titanium

Stem: Moots Titanium 110mm/31.8
Handlebar: Jones H bar Titanium
Grips: cork

Brakes: Avid BB7
Brake Pads: Avid
Brake Levers: XTR

Shifters: Pauls thumbshifters
Front Derailleur: modified XTR
Rear Derailleur: XTR
Cassette: custom 6 speed
Cranks: XTR
Chainrings: XTR
Bottom Bracket: EBB
Pedals: DMR V12 Magnesium

Hub Skewers: XT
Rims: Salsa
Hubs: Chris king
Tyres: Continental Mountain King 28x2.4
Tubes: continental

Saddle: Brooks B17 Titanium
Seatpost: Moots Titanium
Bottle Cage: King Cage Titanium

Weight: 25.8lb

Nice one mate looks mint condition too, I have got to wait at least three months :cry:

A very jealous

Clunks

Cool as :cool: and I know you like it but fix that saddle angle :eek:

Was there ever a stem made to match the forks? The thomson looks a wee bit lumpy up there.

Yeah that looks very special indeed :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: sweeeeeeeeet as :cool: :cool:

Was gonna comment on that 'special ;) ' seat angle too, but someone's beaten me to it :LOL:

I guess, i will go in this order:

@ Neil7
Man, i am sorry you had to sell the Jones, i know how much you liked that bike. Get well. :(

@ Salty
Well salty, you are one lucky guy. Neil's 3D was a much better choice than John's, especially since both have the same thin truss fork. But this is practically a new bike. Still has the green lines on the tires.
With all the extra funds you got leftover, i'd get a fat truss fork, and an eriksen layback seatpost.
Enjoy the bike, and write up some impressions - not on how it will look, but on how it rides. :D

i only rode a mile or so at neils. Unlike anything i have ever rode! Very responsive and precise, and i love the high up view you get.

That looks to be a really fantastic frame: Real top quality craftsmanship.

Hope you'll post more as you get to know the bike.

Back