2010 Ragley Blue Pig *New pic added Pg2*

giant-one

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hey All

You would not believe the hassel I had tracking down a 20" frame down.

I sold my giant reign frame last monday and rang the bike shop in Skipton who are Ragley dealers to order my blue pig.
They said hotlines had them in stock and it would be 2-3 days.

Rang the shop up on thursday to see how things were progressing, they said it would be friday.

Then on friday lunchtime The shop rang me to tell me hotlines had sold out of all 20" frames and would be september when they were back in stock.

This left me with no bike. Not good.

I then decided to ring every single dealer on the ragley site. I ticked them off one by one. Got to the end of the list and still no luck.
I doubled checked the list and noticed I missed one. Rang them up and the guy said they had a 20" black one hanging up in the shop.

The funny thing is I found out it was probably the last 20" in the country and even better it was at Chevin Cycles in Otley. (about 20 miles from me)

Picked the frame up on sat morning and took her out for her first ride at Gisburn forest yesterday with Brocklanders023 and Beavis.

What a fantastic bike. Going from a 6" travel full sus to a steel hardtail was a bit different for me and will be a couple more rides to get my head out of 6" mode but loved it. :D

Attachments

• DSC00258-1.jpg
    DSC00258-1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 5,361
You do seem to have a reasonable amount of travel at the front though? I actually measured the mud mark on my Z2s after a ride on Saturday and my max was 40mm. I then measured the sag and that is 18mm, so I only get 22mm as I'm riding along! Possibly an unprecedented service is called for.

The Blue Pig must be a way-stiff and way-strong frame, judging from the weight? But maybe it has to be, with forks like that on it.

Yeh they're 150mm travel set with about 35-40mm sag.

I'm going to replace them with some lighter forks at some point this year.

That beast is huge! I am 6'7" but am far happier on nimble sub 18" beasties. I thought that was way bigger than 20" when I first saw it. How flexy is she when when really putting the power down?

OMG! I have to say you make the 20" frame look small. I think I will take the pic around with me to get dealers to invest in a 20 frame when we have em back in stock!

Hi Mr Footlong

Doesn't flex as much as you would think, what flex there is, is good flex.

It has a 400mm seatpost but it's not at the max which is good.

RC300.
Hotlines won't have any in stock until Sept.

Back