99 FSR elite, completed at last!!!

oldscool

Dirt Disciple
Finally finished the FSR and took her out for a blast this morning. pretty pleased with the end product, just need to get some armour so I can make proper use :LOL:

02052010037.jpg

02052010038.jpg

02052010039.jpg

i likey! how does it feel with the long wheelbase and slack head angle? how does it feel with that much travel up front? its meant to have less, right?

Its my first FS bike so I dont really have any previous experience to compare it against. It feels very, very different to my hard tail.

The chap in my local bike shop used to race one of these and from his advice I ended up going for the 170mm travel triples up front. After I took the pics I dropped the saddle and took it down the pretty steep and long set of steps where I took the pics and I am still in one piece so cant be to bad :LOL:

Looks a nice bike, but the forks are just too much. I don't think these frames were specced with much more than 100mm forks from the factory. I'd drop down to some 4-5" forks to drop the front end down a bit.

http://www.bikepedia.com/Quickbike/Bike ... &Type=bike

How does it steer? I'd be concerned about ripping the headtube off if used to the potential of the forks... & if you're not going to be so 'extreme', I'd expect it to ride a lot better with something in the 120mm-ish range.

Do you have anything shorter that you could fit to get an idea of what difference it makes?

it looks good, i like it but would have to agree with others on the fork choice. not because of looks but due to the frame not being built for them. maybe get some marzocchi all mountains or similar :?

I'll keep quiet about mine then...

Opening myself up for a whole can of wrong-fork-wup-ass here but...

http://yfrog.com/87yzuj

Bit of a mule but keeping it alive with random spares from EBay. I bought it new in 1998. Most is original, except the rims, forks and saddle.

These forks are Bombers. I still have the orange Manitous ready to rebuild if anyone knows where I can get elastomer stacks from.

Either way, *I* like your build! :0)[/img]

i like the way it looks but i doubt it will handle right
i hope it does but i agree with the rest, seems too long for handling and frame durability

Back