Kona Humu Humu Nuku Nuku Apua'a Deluxe

Re:

Ha! That's what I need on this, but I run it a little lower as I just sacrifice my knees and ability to pedal sat down. I find it weird riding with that much seatpost

Yeah I'm used to droppers so I tend to stop and drop if I need to. Can't be sacrificing these knees after 2 ops.
Ace build anyway dude. I'll race you to that unicorn 20" :LOL:

Re:

Yeah we might be waiting a while!

I'll be using this sparingly I expect. Might buy some klunker bars raising up the front end some more

Re:

Yep, I'm looking to get some nitto bars for my lava Dome when I can.
The Pahoehoe will have 40mm rise renthals. See how that feels, but I fancy some of those Millhouse bars from Whisky

Re:

Yeah, nice choices.

Surly sunrise bars look good but are priced accordingly, stooge klunker bars are perfect but at £75 will cost more then I want. I'm sure something will turn up.

Re:

So I got some lovely new bars and bmx stem

And then took it for a ride. It felt so much better, but pretty quickly I knew something wasn't right. It felt awful.

I've stripped it down. And the headset I thought was loose i'm able to pull in and out by hand. In fact the bottom cup fell out.

Ordered an FSA pig as it has longer cups, and again, can pull in both cups easy and the bottom is loose. I didnt pay much attention building it up, noting the cup was easy inserting, thinking maybe it was OK and when tightened with start nut it would be ok, but it really isn't.

So its back in pieces. I could shim it with a coke can, but I don't think it's worth the hassle. I could get an insert and hollow it put, but its more cost. So now I have bits for a single speed 26er and a dead ish frame.

Sad face.

Re:

I'll see mate. Way I see it, its cost me a fair bit to hang on the wall, so I might as well leave it there unless I'm recouping some money. If I get bored of looking at it I'll let you know.

Back