1998-9 Porsche Bike S

Yep, that is looking rather nice now together.

I would be tempted to try it with black cranks though, also think a standard chain over the coloured one.

Re:

Standard chain has been duly ordered. Realised that it would look a bit tacky in Rainbow, the bolts are enough. Mmmm black cranks....I rather like the evolve cranks though ...I do have some Roox cranks kicking about so could see which look better

Re:

Shakedown ride today, for the bike and my wrist (the joys of being a quinquagenarian :roll: )

50501928053_d2a8cfe305_c.jpg

A few niggles to adjust, a few links out of the chain needed and a chainstay protector. The front crossmax needs a little true but other than that the bike is a bit of an XC monster, very light and fast. The Votec forks are very plush and the new wrist-guard seems to do the job (fingers crossed)

50501927718_f8bd84d8c8_c.jpg

Re:

A couple of pics of the finishing touches.

50509686711_9ef53ea377_c.jpg

50509691846_ed50565460_c.jpg

Hopefully I've not overdone it on the Porsche/Martini branding, it's difficult to stop yourself and easy to over-egg the pudding :shock:

If those are genuine Porsche valve caps then you have too much brass in your pocket as they are funny money compared to Ford ones

But rather nice all the same, as is the martini on the Magura’s

Re:

Not the real one's but some from China. Porsche seem to have stamped on copy items but found them listed under a non porsche description so took some finding :shock:

Loving the details....

Can I ask... how does the pearl lacquer work over the decals?

Quinquagenarian, had to look that one up.

I quite like the subtle branding, much nicer than it plastered in big letters on every tube like some companies would have done.

Out of interest what size is the headtube badge - mines bijou to say the least and proper understated

Back