Finished.

Attachments

• Life 2.JPG
    Life 2.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 1,044
  • Life.JPG
    Life.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 1,044
:cool: looks great fun, what do the forks ride like?

That post looks long, quite a drop to the bars.

I got the bar plugs free when i bought a new cycle jersey. So seemed a good time to use them. I haven't ridden this build yet. But i have similar fork on the Trimble. They are very light and stiff like a Klein. So i love them. The post is a 400 long. As this is a 18'' frame. The Trimble is a 21'' frame with a 330 long post. This build has less drop to the bars than the Trimble. This build is a way of using up unused parts that are just sitting in the shed collecting spider webs. Like the brakes, wheels and bar. Plus my spare parts are on this bike. That will go on the Trimble if needed like the cranks, stem and rear mech etc I will ride this build tomorrow round the red route in Swinley Forest. It's a lot heavier than the Trimble. But then most bikes are. One day i will weigh the Sanderson build. Also i will replace the black outer gear cable to a matching red. One thing i have noticed about this modern is how much longer reach it has compared to the Trimble. :)
Thanks

Oh and big thanks to 'Roberts' cycles for the welding work (yes the relation of Chaz Roberts fame. interesting work shop)

Put the Sanderson Life on a diet. And very happy

Attachments

• IMG_0098 .JPG
    IMG_0098 .JPG
    383 KB · Views: 587
  • IMG_0101.JPG
    IMG_0101.JPG
    325.9 KB · Views: 589
  • Build details.JPG
    Build details.JPG
    404.6 KB · Views: 588
  • weight KG .JPG
    weight KG .JPG
    230.8 KB · Views: 589
mk one":2asfu3c4 said:
Impressive!

Thanks. Shows it doesn't have to be carbon to be light. I did make it lighter but then the seat post kept slipping down :evil: May fit my X shifter wireless gearing. This would loose a little more. But I do like my thumb shifter.

Back