RM ELEMENT 70 my dream bike built.

madjh

98+ BoTM Winner
Yeti Fan
I love it. That is te only reason why I have done this. Why today, in the era of 27.5 and 29" some one will built a so expensive bicycle ... Well, I think it doesn´t need any explanations. But I love it ;)

The frame. Comes with a DT swiss. The DT swiss go out and I have buy a new and modern Fox

Wheel set: CK in Navy blue, sapim CX ray, orange nipples and ZTR alpine. Inner tubes are tubulito and tires schwalve. Hope add some colour too 😍

It is not a light bicycle but I like to know the weight. 4.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 1.jpg

Last edited:
Mikey08:vw3djtfr said:
Love it! 26 aint dead, its OG baby :cool:

They are alive! :D

I come from this other Element Team Only of the photo, it was a 9,8kg bicycle ( wheel set tune prince princess + ZTR 355, Stem Sintace F99, Tune starkes stuck, RS Sid race, and the saddle is the one I will use in this built, the SLR 135) and it was so fast that I have sold it. The reason: I run too fast over rocks and I feel I would crack the frame. It was a stange feeling. And only was for V brakes, that was annother reason and the third was the geometry of the front end, it was too old (1999-2001 I don´t remember), this element 70 is modern.

More components. Suspensions:

Front fork: A modern Reba Solo Air One lock.
Rear Shock: A modern Fox Float CTD

Attachments

• Fox float CTD.jpg
    Fox float CTD.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 910
  • Reba RL Solo Air One lock Remote.jpeg
    Reba RL Solo Air One lock Remote.jpeg
    35.8 KB · Views: 896
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 910
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 911
Last edited:
Thak you for the comments :D

For the head set ... a chris King Mango ;)

But for the brakes ... I would like to put a Hope Mono mini pro, I love that brakes, I have in my other baby (a RM ETSX 70) and I cannot take out from that bicycle. So, I have a set of Avid BB7 and extralite ultralevers. If i don´t use them in this project I will never use and they brake decent. So, that will be the brake system, nearly maintenance free.

The Fox weight more than the DT but works much better.

Seat clamp ... Hope in orange. :)

Attachments

• Mago CK.jpeg
    Mago CK.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 844
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 843
  • 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 844
  • 7.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 844
Ummm,
inlove.png
6.jpeg

Last edited:
Some details ... I have already remove that shock. the Seat post is a Thomson Masterpiece
1.jpg

DSC_2658.JPG

This was the first built. Now I have to take photos with the wheel set, rear shock etc The kent Ericksen seat post and wheel set are from her sister, a ETSX.

Last edited:
Back