1999 Marin Shoreline Trail Ritchey WCS/XTR finished Pg15

I’m sure to your right but for the princely sum of a few quid and beer thats what the package came with

Peachy has just made the most of what he had to work with - and added some top end components, new paint and rolled it in glitter

Had it have been a paint job by John Rock and all NOS M950 you’d question the sanity here but it’s mostly homegrown refurb of very tired parts and a build for fun and thrashing

Retro Spud":3flkv62n said:
I’m sure to your right but for the princely sum of a few quid and beer thats what the package came with

Peachy has just made the most of what he had to work with - and added some top end components, new paint and rolled it in glitter

Had it have been a paint job by John Rock and all NOS M950 you’d question the sanity here but it’s mostly homegrown refurb of very tired parts and a build for fun and thrashing

Precisely, and when he’s outgrown it/bored with it, it will be stripped of all the (semi) exotic parts and either go into deep storage in the loft or be Karm’ed on.

Or maybe get dressed in LX or exage and go to Uni with him... who knows or dares to dream? :LOL:

With the bottle mount where it is -I’m glad your NOT thinking it would be passed on to your grand kids

One slip and it could be carnage in that dept ^ :shock:

Has he done a wheelie on it yet most young'uns seem to like doing them as long as they can these days lol

Retro Spud":19xnjtyr said:
With the bottle mount where it is -I’m glad your NOT thinking it would be passed on to your grand kids

One slip and it could be carnage in that dept ^ :shock:

:LOL: After Thursdays off he came to the same conclusion. It got removed as soon as we got home! :shock:

Paul R":19xnjtyr said:
Has he done a wheelie on it yet most young'uns seem to like doing them as long as they can these days lol

Not yet, although not for the want of trying!

Right now he’s just happy riding as fast as he can!

Attachments

• FE7C40C9-B4E8-4C30-BC58-D23414A18FBE.png
    FE7C40C9-B4E8-4C30-BC58-D23414A18FBE.png
    493.3 KB · Views: 488
hawkhill97":3r0i4xxp said:
That's what they do best! Arse up head down and hammer it >:D

Paul R":3r0i4xxp said:
nice to see it in action wheelies will come lol

I did sit down with Jim today and asked him what he thought of the changes;

First the transmission, no real change. That’s not a surprise as the cassette and chain hadn’t changed and the well setup more modern LX rear & XT front would I assume work just as well as the older XTR that it now carries.
Tyres; On the track we regularly ride, Jimmy feels the narrow WCS are “less hard work” but still grip well.
Suspension; Rear is the same, but he feels more comfortable in the saddle (I think that’s down to more cushioning) and the front feels more dampened “less floppy“.
Brakes; Very good, but no real difference from what Splatterpaint had sorted.
Balance/handling; Feels he has more control and more confidence that the front end will do what he wants it to do. I think that’s a combination of losing nearly 3lb at the front plus the Judy FSX’s

My_Teenage_Self":1h83dicm said:
Peachy!":1h83dicm said:
Brakes; Very good, but no real difference from what Splatterpaint had sorted.

Mr. Stodgy may disagree with that...

:LOL: + :facepalm:

shame this years event is cancelled - Stodgy could have done a comparison jump and brake like hell test,

even had a new (Longer) Jump ramp built for 2020 and with Yakboy we would have had an in house dentist.

Back