** Enigma Ego Ti 29er **

Re:

yes 9 Nm. I've swapped over the chainring a few times and no issues. I have the Torqueset BBB tool, range 2 > 14 Nm. I like it because of the low values. I always reset mine to 2 Nm for storage. Are you happy with your wrench, have you dropped it? Good luck, your certainly be happy with the 10 warranty :D

Re: Re:

clubby":yjillekk said:
I wouldn’t be trusting anything they sent me. Replace then with steel bolts. Much safer and the weight difference of bugger all.
Always slightly dubious about ti bolts in ti threads anyway.

Aye Clubby, already fitted some steel bolts... much happier :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

Christened the bike today with a drive out to Sron Uladail in Harris. :xmas-big-grin:

from Walk Highlands:
"Sron Uladal (or Strone Ulladale, as it is known to many) is a magnificent overhanging cliff hidden in a very remote location in the Harris hills. The cliff has been claimed as the finest inland precipice in the UK and was made famous by the Great Climb live broadcast on BBC Scotland. This wild location is reached by a good stalkers' path."

Videos of the ride out and back are available on Youtube (not by me I hasten to add!)

Was a great ride, although much windier than it was at home in Stornoway when I left!

The photos don't really do the cliff justice, it's fecking enormous, other braver humans base-jump from the summit! :facepalm:

From doing basically zero cycling it was definitely too much for a first ride... the climb (walk) back up what had been the fast and steep descent was really hard going. :oops:

I loved it though, the scenery was epic and the bike performed faultlessly.

Here are a few pics of the day. :xmas-cool:

Attachments

• su7.jpeg
    su7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,227
  • su6.jpeg
    su6.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,228
  • su5.jpeg
    su5.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,226
  • su4.jpeg
    su4.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,224
  • su3.jpeg
    su3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,224
  • su2.jpeg
    su2.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,223
  • su1.jpeg
    su1.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,225
Re:

:xmas-cool:

Attachments

• su13.jpeg
    su13.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 1,224
  • su12.jpeg
    su12.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,224
  • su11.jpeg
    su11.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,224
  • su10.jpeg
    su10.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,224
  • su9.jpeg
    su9.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1,224
  • su8.jpeg
    su8.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,225
Re:

So after a few rides I've reverted to the ENVE seat post as it has 20mm setback and I can get a more comfortable position, a shame as the ti post was lovely, but it just feels better now. :cool:

I had ordered a ti chainring (as you do) but unfortunately it did not appear. :evil: Luckily for me Paypal were on the case and I was issued a full refund. So to get the look I wanted I removed the ano from the gold chainring instead..... :roll:

Here are a few photos of it finished, the tyres take a special level of dedication when it comes to washing after a ride! :facepalm:

Attachments

• enigma8.jpeg
    enigma8.jpeg
    621.4 KB · Views: 1,078
  • enigma7.jpeg
    enigma7.jpeg
    982.6 KB · Views: 1,075
  • enigma6.jpeg
    enigma6.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,074
  • enigma5.jpeg
    enigma5.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,074
  • enigma4.jpeg
    enigma4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,076
  • enigma2.jpeg
    enigma2.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,076
  • enigma1.jpeg
    enigma1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,078
Re: Re:

M-Power":1ln4ppow said:
Beautiful bike and surroundings :cool:

Cheers dude :cool:

The 'what was a once gold and then turned silver chainring' wasn't doing it for me.... just looked wrong.

So I duly ordered up a nice shiny black 30 tooth Absolute Black oval ring to finish it off properly.... much better. :D

Attachments

• ab4.jpeg
    ab4.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 944
  • ab3.jpeg
    ab3.jpeg
    854.5 KB · Views: 942
  • ab2.jpeg
    ab2.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 943
  • ab1.jpeg
    ab1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 944
Re:

Due to worsening hip and knee problems, this is going to be for sale :(

Shall list in the for sale section shortly.

Will split.

Re:

At a loose-end today so swapped out the rigid Niner forks for my DVO Diamonds after a strip down and travel drop to 130mm :cool:

Attachments

• egodvo2.jpeg
    egodvo2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 560
  • egodvo.jpeg
    egodvo.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 561
Re:

After almost selling this because of my hip issues, I came to the conclusion that I wasn't quite ready to not have a bike....

So, I decided to hunt down some 29er slicks to enable me to do some miles on the road instead, maybe a little more gentle on the old hip joint. :?

If at all possible I wanted tubeless tyres, I haven't ridden tubes for around 20 years (or had a puncture), and after much hunting around on the internet, finally managed to track down these 700x48 Soma Supple Vitesse tyres, made in Japan.

I found the distributor who sources these from the US, so they've been a wee while in transit, but they arrived today and are now installed!

They've knocked a fair bit of weight off the bike too which is an added bonus. :cool:

Looking forward to getting a few road miles in on these! :D

Attachments

• slick6.jpeg
    slick6.jpeg
    828.9 KB · Views: 402
  • slick5.jpeg
    slick5.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 404
  • slick4.jpeg
    slick4.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 405
  • slick3.jpeg