Santa Cruz Bullit MK I - still blue ;)

mamadirt

Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
After a fun few weeks sourcing and restoring parts for the little Orange Mr XC build the wannabe DHer in me kept coming back to the little Bullit on the 'Bay. Seller was super-helpful and accepted my offer soooooo here we go again . . .

p5pb17909457.jpg

Super excited about this one :p Paintwork is a little tired but really just cable and heel rub only - don't think it's had a hard life. Aiming for something like this (I'm a sticker-holic :facepalm: ) . . .

p4pb12778.jpg

Fox Vanilla RC works fine and even came with the correct spring for my weight - win! Planning on using the restored Vanilla 125s from the Orange build for now (stanchion repair has held up great) but with the shock shuttle, that amount of adjustment should open up loads of possibilities to keep the eternal fettler in me happy :cool:

p5pb17909459.jpg

Spent most of yesterday with the polish and touch-up paint - still had the paint from my Chameleon resto a few years ago - http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=352704. Super-pleased with how it has turned out so far :D

p5pb17909460.jpg

p5pb17909461.jpg

All done! :p Super short and slack - feels absolutely spot-on! Really does feel like a keeper and it's time I settled down :oops: :facepalm:

p5pb17917172.jpg

p5pb17917173.jpg

Transferred the parts over from the little Orange so still need to reassemble my Hope brakes and source a wheelset so's papadirt can have his back. I'm thinking MRP chainguide too to complete the look :cool:

I think these guys approved . . .

p5pb17917165.jpg

No time wasted Lynne! Looks great :cool:

Thanks! Still here too ;) It certainly ain't no climber but I just love the slack, oldschool feel - goes down steps like they aren't there. Can't wait for things to dry out a bit to try it at Cwmcarn - can't risk slop at my age :LOL:

Back