Orange Carb-O 2012

Awesome frame- any forks? You'll be amazed how quick it is compared to a mtb

No, unfortunately. I'm getting some from PlanetX & having them vinyl wrapped in a style to match.

Aye, I'm looking forward to giving it a blast on the moor roads.

Lush frame Ross, I’d recommend Dura Ace 7800 for the groupo......looks the biz still and can be had quite reasonably on EBay. Newer stuff is still pricey. What are your thoughts on the rest of the spec.

Cheers.
Too impatient! I've already got the groupset in - went for new Tiagra with Ultegra BB (wiggle upgrade due to stock issue/cockup) & Campagnolo Calima wheel set plus Selcof alloy bars, stem & carbon seatpost (got for same price as alloy one from someone taking of new bike), Sella Italia Flow saddle. Just got to sort integrated headset out. Learning curve!

Not as high spec as the original but will do for me for a good while I reckon. Will be for the odd blast over the moors & dales & local lanes & will be a good recuperation bike if I have to have an op on my ankle (find out soon). May even use it for commuting if I can piece together a route of smooth offroad & quite roads. I hate riding in traffic - did about 6 miles on a diversion from my normal route home last night on busy roads for an errand. No pleasure in it whatsoever for me!

Sounds like a good build mate, for the time being.
Remember she is a thing of beauty and needs to be draped accordingly......treat her every now and again.
When you first take her out she’ll blow you away.....road bikes on tarmac are amazing compared to MBs and climbs are a joy.....you’ll feel like a Tour pro.

Thanks for the encouragement!

I'm sure some carbon goodies will creep onto it if it does sufficient miles. It was a bit of an impulse buy so didn't want to go full bling but it will be jumping the queue of pending builds. Our neighbours are roadies & the speeds they get up to on Strava are amazing. I'll not be shaving my legs though - but I do like cafe's!

Wiggle are a bizarre company to deal with. Never had issues with CRC but 1st dealings with their parent. Sent completely wrong BB with groupset plus it was pressfit. On informing them they don't have stock of the Tiagra one. I accept an alternative (Ultegra) which they send to the first half of my address but with a Pinner postcode. It gets redirected to me & I get home today to find it's the Tiagra one it should have been in the first place!

Just waiting on the headset & got to send the forks off to be wrapped. Hoping to get on it by end of month if forks turned around quickly.

Decades ago I used to do a bit of touring on a drop bar Raleigh Royal & enjoyed a blast on the quite lanes so looking forward to fleeing about on this.

I didn’t realise Wiggle owned CRC! I just thought they had been beaten by them in the sales war.....every day is a school day!
It’s a top looking frame.....depending on the size, if you decide you’re too socialable and friendly (having been one for years, all the youngsters seem to think they are above a friendly nod these days or even my preferred greeting - a Forest Gump wave) and so roadie isn’t your thing let me know :)

Aye. I persist with the nod on my commutes but often not acknowledged by fixed stare hipsters or Tour de F@ckyou types. On the other hand spent 20 mins talking to a mtb'er when we got to a gate at same time last night - right old natter. On balance I'm finding dog walkers, jogger & birdwatchers a friendlier bunch!

Got passed by a roadie this morning on the road out of our village - steep downhill. He went down like a sack of spuds right in front of me on a RH bend. If I hadn't been turning off for the rest of my off-road route I'd have ridden over him. Poor bugger. He was up after a few minutes but he'll have some bruises. I picked his bike up. Light as a feather but them tyre's though! Road was only slightly moist. I'll be a bit nervous on the bends. The tyres I've got for the Carb-O are just about as slick as his!

Back