FINISHED! Another Pace RC200 Rescue Thread

Re: Another Pace RC200 Rescue Thread

fotorat1":988wcgx8 said:
Since you started this frame I have brought / built: 1993 Delta V, 1997 Super V, 2008 Yeti, 2017 Moterra, 2002 Whyte JW2.

Yeah, its been a slow year here too. Just a mount vision, XCFRS, another RC200 (F2), the Lobo, a caygill project started, and I finished the zaskar and hantrax projects from a year or two ago. Lost a Hei Hei and gained a HHKK. Oh and the Backwoods too.

Cr@p, not very slow after all when I think about it :D

All being well I'll be collecting this at the weekend :D

Attachments

• pace head fitted.jpg
    pace head fitted.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,818
Re:

It's red. Some slightly better shots showing the handy work from Dan and the tidy finish.

There are some little blemishes where the tubes had been sanded prior to repair and not quite pulled flat and smooth again. Just goes to show the advice to get the finish spot on before paint etc. is given for a reason.

But on the whole the finish has come out really well. When we get some daylight I'll try to get some shots with good light :)

Next, decals....

Attachments

• DSC_1599.jpg
    DSC_1599.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,656
  • DSC_1600.jpg
    DSC_1600.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1,656
  • DSC_1601.jpg
    DSC_1601.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,657
  • DSC_1604.jpg
    DSC_1604.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,656
Re:

And with a little help from Gil...

Attachments

• DSC_1616.jpg
    DSC_1616.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,624
  • DSC_1614.jpg
    DSC_1614.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,624
  • DSC_1615.jpg
    DSC_1615.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,624

Just got my hand on some long crankset bolt nut things to hold the rear dropouts on.

Standard ones are about 5-6mm so protrude from the ~5mm thick detachable piece by barely 1mm into the frame. I figure some longer nuts will hold the two bits together more tightly and be less prone to failure.

I got some long truvativ ones intended for use with bashrings at about 11mm which were a teeny bit too long so when tightened up there was just a little bit of wobble in the system. These new nuts are about 8-9mm long so don't extend the full length of the hole but more than standard ones.

Maybe its all in my head but I think it makes sense.

Likely to be busy doing Christmas for the next week or two but hopefully I'll get some time in the shed while the kids are busy to make a start putting this back together.

That's some transformation so far.
Should be pretty awesome when it's finished.

jimo746":3hcsec21 said:
Should be pretty awesome when it's finished.

Yeah at this Pace it’ll be the grand kids fitting the tyres blowing them and going for the inaugural spin round the block

hey, I'm busy being awesome over here. I have so many projects on the go and this one is waiting for a seatpost (the one in the frame currently is broken), so its not high on my list.

That said, I hope to get some shed time in the morning to start plumbing in the brakes. But I said that last time and ended up stripping down the B17 :facepalm:

Got that nice Pace stem but I can't fit bendy bars though it so may have to find another. Would be a shame as I think its a nice touch but there we go. so, stem/bars is job 1, then brakes and gears can go on.

Back