Intense tazer ht prototype

Retro_Shox

Retro Guru
So this is the current winter project.

p5pb16648268.jpg

pre production/prototype tazer ht
ive searched for hours, looking for pictures and can only find a two other small photos.

it came with a pair of manitou x-vert supers and think ive got most post to build it, bar wheels and brakes i think

Yes! this is very cool.

I wish I'd never let go of my production Tazer.
What wheels and brakes are you going for?
Do you still have an FS one as well?

I have a set of red biguns on 321s I was saving for this kind of build but I don't think it'll be happening for me anytime soon so I could be tempted to let them go.

Yer this is totally different to the production one - namely missing the seat tube, but other than that its anyones guess.
it has a 4 digit frame number that ive emailed Intense with but no reply as of yet.

No I sold the FS one well over a year ago.

Let me know about the wheels Kev....

So next job is get the Manitou super forks sorted, they are pretty much seized solid at the minute so that's not great.

Im also going to drop the travel down to 80mm from 105mm - the exposed stanchion as it stands in a massive 140mm, dropping 25mm off the travel will bring the head angle back in abit and also keep the front end abit lower.

i'm having the spacer made at the minute and will get them stripped this week. hopefully they aren't totally dead. they don't look like they have ever been apart.
Doesn't look good considering they were crap 18 years ago. I remember having to strip the lowers off once a month back in the day to keep the remotely working.

Re:

X vert super?
I had some carbon crown ones recently but hat were seized but it was literally just with funk and they cleaned up great, we’re still crap though!

Yer x-vert supers.

I’m hoping the same but will see. The spring with obviously be ok and the top elastomer I’ve got a shed load. But will need trimming once I’ve dropped the travel anyway

Lots of soaking and mine came free, the top elastomer existing in goo form that had melted over and into everything!

Latest posts

Back