** Canfield EPO - Carbon 29er **

Re: ** Canfield Brothers EPO - Carbon 29er **

:cool: looks great. Looks like a 26" until you notice the cranks, you then realise how big the rest of the bike is :)

Some other nice bikes you have too :cool:

mark

Re:

Ha! I wish I had a garage and that I had the finances to be able to afford them all, but alas that’s not the case, it’s ‘build it, ride it, sell it, next one!’ :LOL:

They were all lovely to ride but the Tranny 29 was my favourite followed by its smaller 26” brother, they both just ‘worked’ for me!

I’m hoping the EPO will be ‘the next step’ once I get to ride it properly with the forks at the correct height, but it feels really relaxed and smooth so far with forks too tall and not dialled in yet! :cool:

The first three bikes pictured are 29ers, the EPO, Black Sheep and Ibis Tranny... 29 just works for me, I won’t buy/build another 26 inch wheeled bike (both my Alves frames are wall-art in the back room now!) :oops:

Superb looking frame and build, never heard of Canfield Brothers, just out of interest, how does it compare to the Ibis 29er???

ciderlad65":1jmqpvlu said:
Superb looking frame and build, never heard of Canfield Brothers, just out of interest, how does it compare to the Ibis 29er???

Will post first ride details once travel has been changed on forks... which I'm just about to do! ;)

Re:

So the clamps to hold the air cartridge tightly in the vise arrived today, so it was time to strip the forks!

I bought a new 32mm six sided socket so as not to mark the top cap, and also ordered some 'Park AV-5 Vise Inserts' (clamps) to hold awkward things like fork air cartridges in place so they can be worked on!

32 mm socket for top cap removal, followed by an 18mm for the dial at the bottom of the leg and the cartridge was out....

Attachments

• dvo2.jpeg
    dvo2.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 1,488
  • dvo1.jpeg
    dvo1.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 1,488
Re:

All this just so I could fit a tiny 10mm spacer.... :facepalm:

Attachments

• dvo3.jpeg
    dvo3.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 1,488
Re:

Clamps were to hold the cartridge still so I could remove this cap which apparently is VERY tight!

Attachments

• dvo4.jpeg
    dvo4.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 1,488
Re:

My friend has a garage with a vise, so I borrowed his keys and set to work...

I had to tighten the vise more than I felt comfortable doing, but there was no way to remove the cap otherwise, so I cranked it up!

It came out without a fight fortunately, and I removed the negative spring assembly, pulled the springs from their seat and popped the 10mm spacer on....

Attachments

• dvo6.jpeg
    dvo6.jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 1,488
  • dvo5.jpeg
    dvo5.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 1,488
Re:

Re-seated the spring and slid the assembly back into the cartridge with some loctite reapplied to the cap, it was then refit, tighten and job done!

Need to put some oil back into the fork leg, I have 5wt but typically it requires 7.5wt, so I've ordered some which should be here tomorrow!

After that I can top up the leg and then go experiment with fork sag and pressure settings and see how the bike feels with the travel now set correctly! :cool:

Attachments

• dvo7.jpeg
    dvo7.jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 1,487

Thank you for the photos of service. I found it to be very interesting. Let us know how the bike handles now.

Back