Marin B17 98, refurb, and Ebike conversion.

Weirdly intriguing, and quite refreshing to read. A black frame would hide the cables better, and maybe a large Velcro neoprene sleeve for the battery.
Let’s see some action shots.

Nice, been meaning to do a conversion myself but keep spending the money on other stuff... had been pondering how to get the battery down low, or otherwise in a nice neat position. Good work, I bet it's fun to ride.

Great fun to ride, but it tends to run away with me on technical stuff. I need to re flash the ecu to slow down the start up. The brake sensors are a pig to set up on Hope levers, but I'm still fettling it.

Re:

Hi, this is an interesting build how’s it going with a few more miles on it? I’ve just picked up a mount vision pro frame which I’m going to build up mostly period. So I see you have a hope No 2 torque arm rear brake (why when you have disc mount?) I have this Caliper too but I’m not sure if I have all the parts, don’t suppose I could have a couple of close up pics of it fitted and what hub you are using?

Sorry for the thread hijack happy to pm if you don’t want to clutter up the thread.

Thanks

Tim

The disc mount is a non standard one that is very difficult to work around. Marin corrected this a year later and adopted the more traditional IS style. 2 years later, they faffed around with it again and utilised a bolt on alloy adapter bracket (which is now very difficult to obtain). The best version for working with is the 98/99 models as their swing arm used a more versatile mount.

Back