New Big boys toy

fotorat1

Retro Guru
this arrived at 1pm and I couldnt resist throwing it together, with what was left over from the Scott
The fork is a 130 which should retain its 68.5 head angle

I think it looks nice - just hope it rides nice!

p6pb15859663.jpg

p6pb15859664.jpg

Jobs to do:
fit longer hose to M975 rear brake
Fit M975 rear mech
Swap hose on front M975 brake
buy a 140mm fork
fit crud

Re:

Is that a 29er? If so I have a boxed 140mm Pike in near new condition, complete with maxle, first service kit, pump, instructions, 4 bottomless tokens with a long tapered steerer tube. Details, sizes, price and pics if your interested.

yep first ride the other night - not enough air in the shock so I will set up properly today

but even so I was super impressed by how silky smooth and laterally stiff it was -

Update

Neither silver fish or Yeti Technical have a any clue about the fixings for the gear cable - all they came up with was "zip" tie it to the brake hose.

I might aswell have gone into halfords and asked them!

Back to a DIY bodge

p4pb15937610.jpg

Re:

Giant bikes used a plastic shim affair that goes around the cable and takes it to the correct size for those guides.
It may be worth finding a local Giant dealer to see if they have some.
Bike looks great.

I have given up on the cable management and just zip tied it all up

Put a few miles on it with a drop zone saddle lever dropper - but it now has brandx remote fitted with thomson lever and race face noodle. the brandx cable return is a bit slow - so I am going to add a spring into the seat tube side plate thing to make it return quicker.

Also popped the 150mm forks in which suit it much better.

and fitted M97nn dual control

So far it has done better than I imagined - I even had it up to 38MPH last week!

p6pb16106999.jpg

p6pb16106998.jpg

p6pb16106997.jpg

Back