My recycled 2000 Specialized Hardrock

HooliganwithheART

Retro Newbie
After seeing some of the sweet bikes on here, i'm starting to wonder if mine will be accepted because of what i've done to it.

But hear me out :)

The frame fits perfectly and the inferiority of the frame does match the rider also :LOL: but i did find it appealing as it's a full chromoloy double-butted frame-set for the poorer man.

Now then, what is original to the bike? Not a lot and that would be the frame/forks, front mech, stem and handlebars only. Everything else was mostly replaced with new parts (with overall cost in mind for the best part) and the rear Deore lx M567 mech (group-set from 1996-98 from what i've read) was purchased used.

This is how it looked the other day on a nice leisurely 50 km loop.
2000-Recycled-Specialized-Hardrock-50Km-Loop.jpg

Before any bashing goes on :LOL: take into consideration that this auld chain-smoking fool has been able to do a century run on this bike in 9 hrs 6 mins (ride time), took just under 12 hrs with rest stops and i live to tell the tale (even managed 50km the next day). Anyway, i have another century planned in just over a week so let's see if i survive that one.

Seriously though, has turned out to be a good all-around bike from (what i call) long distance rides to hitting some trails to riding stairs much to the annoyance and amusement of the good wife. Maybe this middle aged guy should start growing up is the words i hear at home :LOL:
Project was good too :)

ps: i do want to change the handlebars but not sure what i want yet.

It definitely is not your run-of-the-mill MTB, but if it is being used I couldn't care less what bike looks like.
Hope you quit smoking and have many, many more happy adventures on your trusty steed.

Yeah, definitely not your typical mtb but couldn't let a old bike got to waste so hence the recycling/re-purposing. Taking it up to check out the COLT loop here in Ont in early August so patiently waiting. Thanks for the comment, appreciated.

Latest posts

Back