** Black Sheep High Roller Titanium 29er **

Re:

tenor.gif

I like.

How is the fork? Looks like it could be "noodley"?

Re:

The 15mm axle actually does a great job keeping it all in check regarding steering input, which leaves the legs free to do their thing from a comfort point of view, and they do that fantastically well! :cool:

Re:

Have seen some very nice effects created with polished logos on ti bike frames, so thought I'd have a wee go at polishing the centre of the logos at the weekend as the weather was shocking.

So out came the dremel complete with a tiny polishing mop and the Autoglym polish... and heres's the result!

The effect is very subtle, although I'm sure if the frame was bead-blasted instead of brushed, it would be much more effective. I had spare decals to hand in case the vinyl disintegrated with the speed of the mop, but incredibly, they stayed intact! :cool:

Attachments

• polished.jpg
    polished.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 1,838
Re: Re:

velofrog":1mxh6nmn said:
The 15mm axle actually does a great job keeping it all in check regarding steering input, which leaves the legs free to do their thing from a comfort point of view, and they do that fantastically well! :cool:

The natural suspension from Ti forks is amazing. Love my Moratis.

Re:

I've been noticing whilst out on this thing that I've started riding with my thumbs on top of the bars, rather than around them, and feeling my thumb and wrist joints getting stiff. :facepalm:

I put it down to old age, but after reading lots in the internet, it seems straight bars are not ideal for a natural wrist position and can create unnecessary strain.

I had carbon Jones loop bars a few years back which were comfy but I just didn't get on with them, the hand position was too far back from the centre of the stem and it sometimes felt like i was catching my leg while steering... not ideal!

While searching t'internet, I discovered 'Answer 20/20' carbon bars which looked perfect, the ends of the bars are more in line with the stem, and the 20 degree sweep a more natural angle for hands to sit at, but unfortunately they aren't in production any more.

However, I managed to track down a pair in Germany and they arrived this morning, so... 'fingers crossed'... hopefully they'll help my wrists and thumbs!

They also match the bike nicely, with the logos in a nice shade of titanium grey! :cool: :p

Attachments

• 2020e.jpg
    2020e.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 1,668
  • 2020d.jpg
    2020d.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 1,668
  • 2020c.jpg
    2020c.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 1,668
  • 2020b.jpg
    2020b.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 1,668
  • 2020a.jpg
    2020a.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 1,668
Looking good, a mate has those and is very much a fan.

Re:

Proper ride out yesterday in a very balmy 26 degree heat... the weather has been incredible out here the last week! :cool:

First proper run with the bendy handlebars and they're absolutely fantastic, completely natural to pedal with, best bike purchase in a long time!

Climbing was steep and rocky, there's no way I could have pedalled up it in single-speed guise... the 11-42 cassette came in to its own!

The bike didn't miss a beat, although I realised the chain needed another link taken out and that the stem wanted flipping for rise not drop for a little more comfort, but those are simple tweaks to make.

12342804-A642-4DF4-9A3B-0421E91E1FD9.jpeg

Last edited:
Re:

Decided to go for a proper ride today to try out some of the track that leads to the Eagle Observatory in Harris... didn't plan for it being the hottest day of the year though! :facepalm:

Here are a few pics of the route. Started off nice and easy, decent track to the hut and onwards, until it gets to an isolated fishing bothy. From there the track narrowed and got grassy and rutted, some places almost disappearing!

I carried on for a while, but it started turning into a hike-a-bike, and it was properly hot too!

I did two and half hours though (albeit with lots of photo stops :oops: ) and once by the Observatory I didn't see another soul... bliss!

Bike was incredibly comfy, obviously hit the sweet-spot of tyre pressures, and combined with the suppleness of titanium, I suffered no fatigue or wrist pain! :cool:

Unfortunately no sign of eagles, but a grouse flew out of the side of the track at one point and scared the bejesus out of me! :LOL:

On the drive home the car registered 29 degrees, pretty decent for Harris/Lewis! :shock:

Cheers!

Attachments

• baa8.jpg
    baa8.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 935
  • baa7.jpg
    baa7.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 935
  • baa6.jpg
    baa6.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 934
  • baa5.jpg
    baa5.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 934
  • baa4.jpg
    baa4.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 934
  • baa3.jpg
    baa3.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 934
  • baa2.jpg
    baa2.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 934
  • baa1.jpg
    baa1.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 935
Re:

Went out yesterday and did the ride from start to finish! Absolutely stunning views, but was hard going... lots of walking uphill pushing a bike!

Totally worth it though, best day out mountain biking in probably forever, and the Black Sheep took it all in its stride! :cool:

43AB3BE8-211D-4198-8193-C0E12906E0C4.jpeg

Attachments

• baa6.jpg
    baa6.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 852
  • baa5.jpg
    baa5.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 852
  • baa4.jpg
    baa4.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 850
  • baa3.jpg
    baa3.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 850
  • baa2.jpg
    baa2.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 854
  • baa1.jpg
    baa1.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 852
Last edited:
Re:

Amazing scenery. Thanks for taking the time to post pictures.
Bike's pretty cool too.

Back