98' GT work bike project..Ti content

mynchiboy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Time for another build, at the same time as three other builds of course :)

My commuting bike has for some time been a Ti Raleigh frame with one gear, for bad weather and no maintainence fun! Following a car meets bike/me incident I've decided to take this off the road for a bit of a refurb, so therefore I needed something else to keep me amused/occupied on the work run.

I thought I would experiment with drops this time, along with a possible EBB type setup as I fancied a change from tensioners. Here's what I have so far...

Attachments

• xi1.jpg
    xi1.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 2,036
nice work hack. unsure about an ebb <eliptcal bbb ?> you could run a white ind rear hub that has that feature....eno i think..

Re:

patersondj":c85stu2e said:
nice work hack. unsure about an ebb <eliptcal bbb ?> you could run a white ind rear hub that has that feature....eno i think..

Thanks! I could indeed use an ENO wheel, but I was thinking about this bad boy from Trickstuff -> http://www.trickstuff.de/en/products/ex ... r_KL.php#1 .I believe a company called Forward Components also made similar, but they seem to be rather hard to source...

mtbdave":c85stu2e said:

Indeed it is! It's a bit of a beater with some repair work to the top tube/head tube junction, that you can just make out in the image. That said it did only set me back 150 dollars, just don't mention import charges :facepalm:

man thats a cool bb setup from trickstuff... but a white industry hub and freewheel...... surely similar monies....

Re:

patersondj":32l0y0c7 said:
man thats a cool bb setup from trickstuff... but a white industry hub and freewheel...... surely similar monies....

It certainly is cool! The BB conversion would be cheaper overall, at around £130 to buy. The ENO hub is more than that, then you have a rim build to think about, freewheel to buy (WI of course!), so more $$$...

Anyway, I'm temporarily shelving that plan as I've splurged on some nice wheels instead! I'll have to use a normal tensioner setup for now, or I might try some half link trickery. Here are some sneaky pics of what I have been up to so far ;)

Attachments

• xi5.jpg
    xi5.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,687
  • xi4.jpg
    xi4.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 1,687
  • xi3.jpg
    xi3.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,687
  • xi2.jpg
    xi2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,687
Re:

And here is the bike so far.. The 1" road tyres look even smaller when flat :LOL:

It's shaping up to be very light indeed, in fact it feels lighter than my RSP in a similar state of build. I've most of the parts either right now or incoming very soon, fingers crossed I'll have it done next week :)

Attachments

• xi7.jpg
    xi7.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 1,596
  • xi6.jpg
    xi6.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 1,596
Re:

Well, I thought I would have got there, but not quite!

Brakes are currently holding me up, I was planning to fit a set of M739 v brakes, only to score a set of Avid Mags for free which suit the build better. The only problem is I'm now waiting for pads and noodles in the post in order to spruce them up.

In the meantime RS8 cranks have been added with a Gebhardt ring (I really like these) and I've started adding my final choice of bar tape...

It's still silly light :D

Attachments

• xi10.jpg
    xi10.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,269
  • xi9.jpg
    xi9.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,269
  • xi8.jpg
    xi8.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,269
Re:

BertR00t":25era8k4 said:
Any news on this? Was looking great.

Thanks! Apologies for not updating the thread, I actually finished the bike a few weeks back now. It's since covered a couple of hundred miles already and is proving great fun - light, fast and easy to look after :D

Below is a shot of the finished article - I'll try and remember to add some others pronto..

Attachments

• xi11.JPG
    xi11.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 741
Back