Danson gearbox...now with added weirdness.

Well, yes..I am a but sceptical, too...that's why I haven't cut the steerer down, in case it's not for me either, I can move them on easier.

And of course, comparing them with the FOX 32SC that was on there before could be a little unfair.

All the best,

Re:

Thanks, Rick,
Looks like a decent solution.Definitely worth a go, but I would need to get a RH dropout insert, too, as mine doesn't have the hanger to take their tensioner.

I'll probably make a new frame with more modern geometry, so I can make a seatstay splitter.
I have some 7020 billet ready...

All the best,

Re: Re:

danson67":wr6siew4 said:
Thanks, Rick,
Looks like a decent solution.Definitely worth a go, but I would need to get a RH dropout insert, too, as mine doesn't have the hanger to take their tensioner.

I'll probably make a new frame with more modern geometry, so I can make a seatstay splitter.
I have some 7020 billet ready...

All the best,

Stay away from anything but Gates for a descent beltdrive system. Make sure you have a frame thats's stiff enough and aligned well so you can benefit the most from your beltdrive.

Re:

Superb post and high class building from Mr Danson again. Loved every detail.

Re:

Thanks, Woz.

I'm thinking of a URT chainstay + linkage seatstay to shock version next...

All the best,

Re:

URT works fine as long as you sit on the saddle, the moment you stand on your pedals your whole body adds to the unsprung weight ....

We decided to go for a concentric BB for the Rohloff belt drive and a "normal" suspension design for our Pinion fully combined with a belt tensioner a la Nicolai (still in prototype only)

LOW-11Ants251015-306-bewerkt.jpg

I was thinking of putting the pivot inline with the seatpost and as close to the gearbox bridge as possible.
That way the body weight is technically unsprung, but there is no vertical degree of movement available to affect the suspension, just a small fore/aft travel at the BB.
I've got several URT frames (Ibis Szazbo, Breezer Twister, Ballistic, Trek Y-frame, Klein Mantra). I like to ride them as RB tech dinosaurs, so I'm ready for the disappointment ;)

Pivot concentric with the BB is sweet. (Like the Fisher RS-1, to keep things retro)...but difficult to fit in around the Pinion stuff.

All the best,

danson67":2wc7oawg said:
I was thinking of putting the pivot inline with the seatpost and as close to the gearbox bridge as possible.
That way the body weight is technically unsprung, but there is no vertical degree of movement available to affect the suspension, just a small fore/aft travel at the BB.
I've got several URT frames (Ibis Szazbo, Breezer Twister, Ballistic, Trek Y-frame, Klein Mantra). I like to ride them as RB tech dinosaurs, so I'm ready for the disappointment ;)

Pivot concentric with the BB is sweet. (Like the Fisher RS-1, to keep things retro)...but difficult to fit in around the Pinion stuff.

All the best,

looking forward to what you come up with, keep up the good work :!:

Back