TheBear's RC200F8 2004 build thread (now with frame pics)

Re: TheBear's 2002 RC200F8 build thread (now with frame pics)

So I have planned the following as parts to spec on the build:

Frame: RC200F8 2002
Forks: 2006 RC39
Headset: Hope aheadset
Stem: Pace RC45 (if can find one)/Ringle ahead
Bars/Ends: Easton carbon or alloy XC riser with X-Lite Stubby Pro ends
Saddle: Flite titanium
Seatpost: Syncros inline
Brakes: Hope Mini with 180/160mm discs
Shifters: Sram Attack 9spd
Front mech: XTR M960
Rear mech: XTR M952
Cassette: XTR M970 9spd
Chainset: Middleburn RS7 with Middleburn XTR rings
Bottom bracket: Royce titanium
Pedals: Clipless of some sort
Rims: Mavic XC717
Hubs: Hope Pro2
Skewers: Hope
Tyres: Panaracer Magic BFC (if I can find them and they are not silly money)

Any other suggestions welcomed.....let the hunt for parts commence !

Cheers

Updated planned spec based on what I have managed to secure this past week.

Re: Re:

RickTheUncivil":1gfjp2zo said:
I'm in the shed tomorrow, will get some photos for you

Cheers, see you also have an F8, have you any idea on correct BB axle length for an F8 frame running Middleburn RS7 cranks?

Re:

No idea. Plenty of resources for getting the answer on here, sometimes conflicting. but I tend to go with trial and error cos I'm a numpty.

Just checking, which brakes are you after? The earlier mini which are 2 halves bolted together, or the 'mono mini' where its a single piece with bore cap.
if you are going for an early 2000s spec I would have thought the mono type, but checking before I go digging.

Re:

RickTheUncivil":905m74qf said:
No idea. Plenty of resources for getting the answer on here, sometimes conflicting. but I tend to go with trial and error cos I'm a numpty.

Just checking, which brakes are you after? The earlier mini which are 2 halves bolted together, or the 'mono mini' where its a single piece with bore cap.
if you are going for an early 2000s spec I would have thought the mono type, but checking before I go digging.

I've tried to search and have put up a question as part of my original thread but will put up a separate one as well. Also did a search and sent PM's to nine different either past or present owners of RC200's with one only replying to me with inconclusive reply. I've called Pace and Adrian was away on holiday but they said email us the query; emailed 5 days ago with zero reply. Not much more I can do really :?

It's the 2004/2005 Hope Mono Mini's I need cheers :D

I could potentially be parted from my set of mono mini pro's: https://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category ... pro-30785/

I actually have the matching Pro 3 lightweight hubs too (stock picture, mine have been used):
hope07_pro3hub_hi.jpg

Back