GSB's Whyte PRST-4 build

This is the one---rock solid - no play and really stiff.....cost about £17 posted.

Its a Fluro Teflon Coated - no grease - no service needed!!!

p4pb15723860.jpg

The fluro was a waste of money - it has "gone" already.

ordered one from Whyte today!

Edit - the fluro one is still working fine after 50 miles of hammering

it was the h link causing the play, apologies to fluro!!!!

Just posted in Fotorats JW2 thread that I've bought an IKO PB10. My last one had become very noisey but had a groove worn around it. I'll keep it properly greased this time. It was £18 from BRT bearings. They have a few shops including in Chorley.

Re: Re:

Mr Gudge":vtpnc87h said:
Wooby boy ehh- that Treadaway hill was always a challenge!
Try Wooburn to Flackwell pulling two three yearolds in a trailer. I did.

Once.

Checking in as wanting a Jw/prst

Fluro Update - have been using it 2 times a day since September (5miles per day) on the dog walk - and the fluro is still holding up like new - I have yet to take it into the hills for a 20mile loop though!

I replaced the usual suspects one at a time on my JW4. The spherical bearing first, less play but no quieter. Then the shock mounting hardware, much better but hardly silent. The shock bushes, considerably better. I now just have he intrinsic noise of the X Fusion shocks, which are much noisier than the Fox shocks on my PRST4.
I opened the shocks a while ago and replaced the oil which just wasn't providing enough damping. The damping is good now. I think the noise just comes from a top out knock on the X Fusion.

Re: PRST-1 EVO

Total re-worked PRST-1....now it is as it should be...batman has placed an order lol..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190411-180418_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20190411-180418_Photos.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 846
:shock: dual front suspension - adjustable rear suspension :cool: tell us more; how does it ride ?

Re PRST-1 evo since this picture has actually changed again.
New build is also underway.
Due to the new elongated wheelbase and the new front end fork length and rake it will tackle things the original would have you over the bars and nervously approaching say 1-3 ft drop offs etc... now no problems.

This 20 year old beast will give current spec machines a hard time..in looks and even performance now.
Altered state is currently....

1140mm wheelbase
660mm front hub to stem pivot
650b e thirteen wheelset
15mm front maxle
2.4 Maxxis high roller2's
Front tyre clearance is a huge 65mm
Fox CTD remote dual operating lever
1x11 speed clutch shimano xt group set
Shimano xt disc brakes
Ice rotors 180 and 160mm
Thomson remote dropper post (the best by far)
Adjustable 3 position rear arm
Carbon 720mm oversize bars
Whyte promax 80mm stem
Fizi.k seat
Dual shimano pedals (cleat/flats)
Neoguard front fork small bikini guard
Hope skewer rear
Hope seat post clamp.
Custom mudguards

I

Back