New to the forum, introducing my retro rides...

Retro Dan

Devout Dirtbag
Hey Chaps,
New to the forum but a big fan of classic and retro bikes - thought I`d introduce my small collection - I like classic iconic rides - please note, the rocket fuel the riders at the time had a liking for is not to my taste but that doesn`t effect how super cool the bikes are...

1998 Bianchi Mega Pro, full Pantani.....

093.JPG

2012 Pinarello Dogma, very special....

129.JPG

1999 Trek US Postal, winter bike with style...

121.JPG

Love riding them all, the Dogma is way better than me, the Bianchi is just the best fun and Trek has an awesome sprint - all three have hadded me multiple KOM`s on Strava and, of course, I`m sad enough to have full matching kit for each...

Just starting on a new build - 1986 La Vie Claire replica - I`m after a 56/58 Look TVT Kg85 frame, maybe a Kg86, but will be set up with the `86 Campag so anything with Dura ace is the follwing years - all over ebay but if anyone can help that would be awesome.

Re:

Nice bikes hope you wear the headband and ear ring when riding the Bianchi. Looks a fine example.
Il pirata. All time great !
J

Re: Re:

bowser":2qba9yuf said:
Nice bikes hope you wear the headband and ear ring when riding the Bianchi. Looks a fine example.
Il pirata. All time great !
J

Alas no earing but have the rare light blue bandana (which is really cool) and Brikos (alas can`t track down yellow Briko Sprinters ala iI Pirata on the `98 Galibier...

101.JPG

Also of note, when out in the full Mercatone Uno kit, passing cars really do spot you plus other riders can`t quite believe it - just not a fan of the matt black....

Re: Re:

bowser":1diiktob said:
Nice one
Saddle too !

Yep, Il Pirata saddle, campag super record titanium groupset, down shifter on the front sprocket with hollowed out ergo shifter - I`ll put full details on in a day or so.

Back